Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Y’all gotta chiiiiill

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    There was good in last night’s game you just have to choose to look for it. Early in the fourth quarter they were only down 7, looks like we found an electric KR that’s been missing for some time, team didn’t quit, etc.
    I agree about the good Duvernay has looked good, but will we use him more in the passing game? Gus looked fantastic, but our coaches were smart enough to only use him 4 times. Andy Reid showed Roman how to scheme WRs open all night long so maybe Roman can learn from it. I see the positives :)

LJ is 23 and you have a short memory.
    Doesn't matter how young he is. You don't grow into being clutch, it's innate.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Those were big games with no pressure. Did those games really matter? They were tough games but not big games imo. The 3 chiefs losses and the two playoff games are the big games in alluding to. And they’ve all somewhat looked the same. That’s worrisome.
    How was this game any more pressure than before? It's not like our playoff lives hang in the balance of BAL vs KC week 3. We were the #1 seed and along the way we beat NE, BUF, SEA, HOU, SEA, etc. Plus only 1 division loss. I'd say any one of those games was as much "pressure" as KC.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    Doesn't matter how young he is. You don't grow into being clutch, it's innate.
    Yes, noted “unclutch” QB Peyton Manning never won a super bowl... until he did and then did again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Eh, I think a lot of the griping on here today is somewhat excessively doom and gloom, but reality is to make the SB, just like it was with the Patriots for a long time, you have to be able to beat the Chiefs. And the team has progressively gotten worse against them since the initial Mahomes/Jackson matchup in 2018. I don't necessarily care that they lost - I figured they might - but to lose in the fashion they did inspires zero confidence for any future matchup against them this year.
    100%. You gotta beat KC to make it to the SuperBowl. The entire NFL is currently attempting to solve that puzzle, not just us. It's a pretty impossible seeming task.

I'm not concerned that the Ravens aren't good. I'm concerned they'll never win a championship under this quarterback. I've yet to see that clutch gene that you spot immediately after watching football for decades.

I saw it in 2018, notably in the 4th Q of the playoff game vs the Chargers.

LJ is 23 and you have a short memory.
    This.

Manning wasn't very clutch but he also didn't totally collpase and turn into Nathan Peterman.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

I saw it in 2018, notably in the 4th Q of the playoff game vs the Chargers.
    And how did that go?

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I think we have really good coaches. I don't think you get a coach of the year, league MVP, single season rushing record, all those picks, and a 14-2 record with bad coaching. I think Harbaugh has done a great job. It was one game. I understand that KC had unbelievable scheme, and theoretically yes, if I could, I'd probably trade Harbaugh for Andy Reid, but Andy Reid has been a head coach in the NFL for like the last 250 years. He's always been one of the premier offensive minds. They use motion on like every fucking play, it's hard, it's confusing, it's deceptive. That FB TD was one of the most creative plays I've ever seen. Andy Reid is incredible. There's no denying it. But Andy Reid isn't available, and Andy Reid's don't grow on trees. I'd argue we have a far better than average coaching staff in the NFL.

I agree, it sucks to get embarrassed. It really really does. But I'm not going to go around calling for heads and wholesale change from one embarrassment. This is the NFL. Every team is great (KC is the greatest) and you're going to get embarrassed. We embarrassed a ton of teams last year. Let's pick ourselves up and see what the next 13 games look like.
    I agree, I'm not calling for anyone's head. I do, however, want to know what makes them outsmart themselves (Roman's play calling). I want to know why they don't make adjustments (Wink's blitzing and coverage schemes). And why Harbaugh rarely seems to step in to have these things corrected during the game.

These were the coaches that led us to 14-2. They were also the coaches that had no answer for Tennessee last year, or KC in the past 3.

And how did that go?
    The clutch gene only shows up when the team wins? Sounds more like the front-running results-oriented-thinking gene.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I agree, I'm not calling for anyone's head. I do, however, want to know what makes them outsmart themselves (Roman's play calling). I want to know why they don't make adjustments (Wink's blitzing and coverage schemes). And why Harbaugh rarely seems to step in to have these things corrected during the game.

These were the coaches that led us to 14-2. They were also the coaches that had no answer for Tennessee last year, or KC in the past 3.
    Playcalling was atrocious. I'd rather get embarrassed week 3 than in the playoffs. I feel they can get it corrected.

I can think of a ton of "clutch" moments from LJ, but the one I remember most was that fateful 4th down vs Seattle. And, oh by the way, we won that game FTB.