Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast

Y’all gotta chiiiiill

It’s ok. We just snapped the longest regular season winning streak in the league. We lost to quite literally the best team in the league. It looked really bad. But it’s going to be ok.We’re still a really good team, we’re still going to be in the playoffs. KC is just different. Mahomes might be the best football player I’ve ever seen. Next game starts 0-0. And every game after that. Let’s not be prisoners of the moment here. Realize how historically good we’ve had it.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Re: Y’all gotta chiiiiill

Shubbsy, you aren’t worried that EVERY big game looks the same?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I can think of a couple big games we've won. Last year we smattered the defending NFC Champs on primetime TV. We beat the Superbowl Bound 49ers. The playoff bound Bills, Texans, and Seahawks. I'd say we've beaten quite a few big time opponents.

In short, no, I'm not worried. It was one game against a super-sayan QB and all around perfect team. We have been a historic team. Lamar Jackson is an incredible quarterback. We will be ok. I'm not promising a Super Bowl victory, but I really do not believe that we're as bad as we looked last night.

New win streak starts on Sunday they’re going to take all of that frustration out on the DC whatever and make a statement! Last night doesn’t mean anything about byes or the postseason when they can’t even qualify for months still. Enjoy the season.

I don't think the loss is the reason for frustration. It sucks thinking we can't beat KC, which hurts any real superbowl chance, but I think the real frustration is with the coaches.

There's no reason for us to have this secondary, and yet KC had a man wide open every single pass play. If it was just some 4th string WR nobody accounted for I'd understand. But it was Hardeman. It was Kelce. It was Hill. Add in that we blitzed all day even though none of it reqlly got him and Mahomes got big gains each time. That's poor coaching on our end.

On offense, there's no reason we ran the ball down their throats on the first drive, only to get close and pass on 2nd and 3 AND 3rd and 3. Kick the FG, KC scores 6 (misses extra point), and now we abandon the run only down 6-3 in the first quarter. That's pathetic coaching.

If we kept it competitive, stuck to what we're good at, and lost a close one, I almost guarantee there'd be a lot less frustration. People want to know why our coaches flip the stupid switch in games like this and in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    I don't think the loss is the reason for frustration. It sucks thinking we can't beat KC, which hurts any real superbowl chance, but I think the real frustration is with the coaches.

There's no reason for us to have this secondary, and yet KC had a man wide open every single pass play. If it was just some 4th string WR nobody accounted for I'd understand. But it was Hardeman. It was Kelce. It was Hill. Add in that we blitzed all day even though none of it reqlly got him and Mahomes got big gains each time. That's poor coaching on our end.

On offense, there's no reason we ran the ball down their throats on the first drive, only to get close and pass on 2nd and 3 AND 3rd and 3. Kick the FG, KC scores 6 (misses extra point), and now we abandon the run only down 6-3 in the first quarter. That's pathetic coaching.

If we kept it competitive, stuck to what we're good at, and lost a close one, I almost guarantee there'd be a lot less frustration. People want to know why our coaches flip the stupid switch in games like this and in the playoffs
    There was good in last night’s game you just have to choose to look for it. Early in the fourth quarter they were only down 7, looks like we found an electric KR that’s been missing for some time, team didn’t quit, etc.

I'm not concerned that the Ravens aren't good. I'm concerned they'll never win a championship under this quarterback. I've yet to see that clutch gene that you spot immediately after watching football for decades.

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post

I think we have really good coaches. I don't think you get a coach of the year, league MVP, single season rushing record, all those picks, and a 14-2 record with bad coaching. I think Harbaugh has done a great job. It was one game. I understand that KC had unbelievable scheme, and theoretically yes, if I could, I'd probably trade Harbaugh for Andy Reid, but Andy Reid has been a head coach in the NFL for like the last 250 years. He's always been one of the premier offensive minds. They use motion on like every fucking play, it's hard, it's confusing, it's deceptive. That FB TD was one of the most creative plays I've ever seen. Andy Reid is incredible. There's no denying it. But Andy Reid isn't available, and Andy Reid's don't grow on trees. I'd argue we have a far better than average coaching staff in the NFL.

I agree, it sucks to get embarrassed. It really really does. But I'm not going to go around calling for heads and wholesale change from one embarrassment. This is the NFL. Every team is great (KC is the greatest) and you're going to get embarrassed. We embarrassed a ton of teams last year. Let's pick ourselves up and see what the next 13 games look like.

Blog Entries

Eh, I think a lot of the griping on here today is somewhat excessively doom and gloom, but reality is to make the SB, just like it was with the Patriots for a long time, you have to be able to beat the Chiefs. And the team has progressively gotten worse against them since the initial Mahomes/Jackson matchup in 2018. I don't necessarily care that they lost - I figured they might - but to lose in the fashion they did inspires zero confidence for any future matchup against them this year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I can think of a couple big games we've won. Last year we smattered the defending NFC Champs on primetime TV. We beat the Superbowl Bound 49ers. The playoff bound Bills, Texans, and Seahawks. I'd say we've beaten quite a few big time opponents.

In short, no, I'm not worried. It was one game against a super-sayan QB and all around perfect team. We have been a historic team. Lamar Jackson is an incredible quarterback. We will be ok. I'm not promising a Super Bowl victory, but I really do not believe that we're as bad as we looked last night.
    Those were big games with no pressure. Did those games really matter? They were tough games but not big games imo. The 3 chiefs losses and the two playoff games are the big games in alluding to. And they’ve all somewhat looked the same. That’s worrisome.

Quote Originally Posted by FadeToBlack View Post
    I'm not concerned that the Ravens aren't good. I'm concerned they'll never win a championship under this quarterback. I've yet to see that clutch gene that you spot immediately after watching football for decades.
    LJ is 23 and you have a short memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That isn't true. It's only the Titans game and last night, that looked like that.

Last year we played big games vs the Steelers, Seahawks, Patriots, 49ers, even the Bills. None of them looked like that. Hell, even last year's game against the Chiefs did not look like that.

I'm concerned that the Ravens ever look like that. I'm very concerned that it's happened twice in the span of four games. But it's nonsense to say that "every big game" looks the same. That's revisionist; it's re-classifying games that were big as hell when we played them.