Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Simply can’t do this. They closed down the Vikings also. They would also have to reschedule their game if they go that route with the Titans. They can’t make one team play and the other gets rescheduled.

What they should do.... Make the Titans play this week. Yes it sucks for them with no practice but everyone came into this knowing something like this could happen. You can’t do rescheduling games when it is more than likely going to happen to another team by the end of the year. They can’t cater to every team.
    What happens if you follow this out: the incubation period is anywhere from 4 to 14 days. Some people are asymptomatic. There is now a non-zero risk that players from Tennessee will infect players from Pittsburgh (and Minnesota to Houston). Then it's in up to 4 locker rooms. Next week, it could be in 8 (depends on how the scheduling worked out with overlapping games). Kill the transmission vector now, and that doesn't happen this week, but it might happen next week through a new vector.

It's not hyperbole to state that the fate of the 2020 season rests on this decision. The NFL decided not to play in a bubble, and we're about to watch them pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    We shall see. Another realistic possibility is they postpone the game, forcing Titans and Steelers into an early Wk 4 bye week, which would be a bad break for Pitt.
    I wouldn't feel sorry for them one bit. I still remember how we had to take a week 2 bye in 2008, because of the hurricane in Houston.

We went to AFC Championship against the Appalachians that year, but had to play 18 straight weeks to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    What happens if you follow this out: the incubation period is anywhere from 4 to 14 days. Some people are asymptomatic. There is now a non-zero risk that players from Tennessee will infect players from Pittsburgh (and Minnesota to Houston). Then it's in up to 4 locker rooms. Next week, it could be in 8 (depends on how the scheduling worked out with overlapping games). Kill the transmission vector now, and that doesn't happen this week, but it might happen next week through a new vector.

It's not hyperbole to state that the fate of the 2020 season rests on this decision. The NFL decided not to play in a bubble, and we're about to watch them pay for it.
    Almost all people show symptoms after 5 days and a positive Covid result will be able to be detected.

That is exactly why they aren’t allowed back into the facility for 5 days. When they go back Saturday, they will once again all be tested and if they are negative still, that is when they will be allowed back to play.

If this has spread to more than just 3 people, say 10+, or if they find more people when testing Saturday, then forfeiting or moving the game will come into play.

They shouldn’t move the game if there are only 3 players and 5 coaches with the virus and no one else. This is exactly the reason they expanded rosters and practice squads for.

The Titans are just going to have to live with the consequences. They were the first and more than likely they won’t be the last.

Read through all of this that the league doesn’t even test the morning/day of the games. I can’t even begin to say how unbelievable stupid that decision is.

Seems like NFL doesnt want to postpone it, with ine contingency being moving it to monday night

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...itive-covid-19

Now they are saying the Titans facility is closed until Saturday...yet they haven't cancelled SUNDAY"S game vs. PItt. NO WAY they can expect Tenn to plan Sunday after not being in their facility all week.

"No decision has yet been made about Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Nashville, a source told ESPN. The Vikings' next game is Sunday at the Houston Texans.

In a statement, the Steelers said: "We have been in contact with the NFL regarding the positive COVID-19 tests with the Titans. We have been informed to proceed with our game preparations for Sunday's game until we are informed otherwise. We will provide more information when available."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...itive-covid-19

In my opinion, it's pretty crappy to both Tenn and Pitt that they haven't made a decision to cancel this game. Obviously if they don't cancel it, the Titans got royally screwed. If they do decide to cancel it, then Steelers got screwed by strinign them along and having to prepare for the game and not just transition to a bye week.
    That's absurd. Board members have already laid out the solution, but NFL Execs can't see it?

But we'll see where this leads - there may be more positive tests to come.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    That's absurd. Board members have already laid out the solution, but NFL Execs can't see it?

But we'll see where this leads - there may be more positive tests to come.
    Article says they identified 48 close contacts with the eight people who tested positive, so it's very possible especially if the contacts were inside. Which I mean, at least some would have to be, locker rooms and all. We've seen video from the Ravens locker room and nobody in there is wearing masks.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

If this game doesn't get postponed, the Steelers caught a huge fkn break. They essentially get to play a team that didn't get to practice.

8. Re: 1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

break out the tonic water

9. Re: 1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

Both teams have suspended in-person operations. What should happen is contact tracing of both teams over the last 10 days. It's not going to stop at 8 positive cases. The earliest they'll know anything definitive is Thursday, but they won't have a full picture of who was infected until October 11th. Meanwhile, they'll probably line up against Pittsburgh and Houston next week, and spread it to the 3rd and 4th locker rooms before knowing the full scope of the problem. This was the "nightmare" scenario I thought would happen - a player is fine on Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday, tests positive Monday. Were they contagious on Sunday? Safe bet they were.

NFL season collapse in 5 weeks...
    Any chance that the NFL can just not care?

This covid is a lot like the cold or the flu.

Are they playing in nursing homes? Those people in nursing homes are sure dying a lot from the covid. Old Lives Don't Matter, I guess.

Drink tonic water. Take hydroxychloroquine. I know that the vaccine sales reps like Fauci are insisting that only vaccines stop viruses, but people who are paying attention know that Fauci is lying. Bribes for lies is how it works.

10. Re: 1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

We shall see. Another realistic possibility is they postpone the game, forcing Titans and Steelers into an early Wk 4 bye week, which would be a bad break for Pitt.
    What about a forfeit? Titans forfeit, Steelers get a win.

11. Re: 1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

I hadn't looked out for who else was scheduled around those weeks, I had only checked whether or not the Titans/Steelers and Texans/Vikings shared bye weeks. Since they didn't, I assumed it would almost impossible to shift games. They absolutely should shift the Titans to a bye week now, or they potentially risk the rest of the league shutting down for 2020. I'd be fine with a week 7 bye instead of week 8 if it meant the season can continue past then.
    Instead of scrambling the schedule every time this happens, Titans forfeit. It's just a game, really. It's tough, boo hoo, but it's easy to just say that team with covid players forfeits. I'd prefer "we don't care about that any more", but covid teams forfeit is fine - it's simple.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    ...people who are paying attention know that Fauci is lying. Bribes for lies is how it works.
    You just lost any respect I had for you. Welcome to Loba's Ignoratory, JohnnyOneNotePerson. Maybe the 43-Man Squamish Team down there can use another water boy.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!