Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...itive-covid-19

It'll be interesting to see how the NFL deals with this.

Re: 1st In-Season COVID Outbreak-Titans/Vikings

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post

It'll be interesting to see how the NFL deals with this.
    Easy.

Just postpone next week's Titans-Steelers' game and make it up as part of a doubleheader, right?

Both teams have suspended in-person operations. What should happen is contact tracing of both teams over the last 10 days. It's not going to stop at 8 positive cases. The earliest they'll know anything definitive is Thursday, but they won't have a full picture of who was infected until October 11th. Meanwhile, they'll probably line up against Pittsburgh and Houston next week, and spread it to the 3rd and 4th locker rooms before knowing the full scope of the problem. This was the "nightmare" scenario I thought would happen - a player is fine on Thursday/Friday/Saturday/Sunday, tests positive Monday. Were they contagious on Sunday? Safe bet they were.

NFL season collapse in 5 weeks...

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Easy.

Just postpone next week's Titans-Steelers' game and make it up as part of a doubleheader, right?
    Of course the Steelers get the team with the covid outbreak in the same week. Lucky bastards!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Of course the Steelers get the team with the covid outbreak in the same week. Lucky bastards!

seriously. Titans are going to zoom practice all week, no one in facility.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

We shall see. Another realistic possibility is they postpone the game, forcing Titans and Steelers into an early Wk 4 bye week, which would be a bad break for Pitt.

We shall see. Another realistic possibility is they postpone the game, forcing Titans and Steelers into an early Wk 4 bye week, which would be a bad break for Pitt.
    Seems safer to do it that way

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy_Carcetti View Post
    Easy.

Doubleheader in the NFL? That sounds rough. This early in the season you could shuffle bye weeks to get the Steelers and Titans on the same bye week and then reschedule the game then. Basically week 4 becomes their bye week.

Seems safer to do it that way

Yup. Here's my guess on what they will do.
    Postpone the game (week 4 bye for Pitt/Tenn)

Titans currently have week 7 bye
    Steelers currently have week 8 bye.

My guess is Titans/Steelers play week 7.
    Ravens/Steelers is pushed back from week 7 to week 8. Baltimore's bye changes from week 8 to week 7. If it works out this way, that wouldn't be bad for Baltimore. Pitt would be coming off a tough game at Tenn and Ravens would be coming off a bye coming into Pitt game.

Just to be clear, I have not heard this and have 0 sources, this is just my personal guess.

Blog Entries

Pitt bye is week 8
    Ravens bye is week 8
    Titans bye is week 7

Pitt/Ravens schedule to play week 7

Just let Titans and Pitt have a bye this week. Move Ravens/Pitt to week 8. Move Pitt / TN to week 7
    Ravens bye moved to week 7

This would work

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Pitt bye is week 8
    Ravens bye is week 8
    Titans bye is week 7

Pitt/Ravens schedule to play week 7

Just let Titans and Pitt have a bye this week. Move Ravens/Pitt to week 8. Move Pitt / TN to week 7
    Ravens bye moved to week 7

This would work
    I guess we were thinking alike. I just typed the same thing just above!

Now they are saying the Titans facility is closed until Saturday...yet they haven't cancelled SUNDAY"S game vs. PItt. NO WAY they can expect Tenn to plan Sunday after not being in their facility all week.

"No decision has yet been made about Sunday's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Nashville, a source told ESPN. The Vikings' next game is Sunday at the Houston Texans.

In a statement, the Steelers said: "We have been in contact with the NFL regarding the positive COVID-19 tests with the Titans. We have been informed to proceed with our game preparations for Sunday's game until we are informed otherwise. We will provide more information when available."

In my opinion, it's pretty crappy to both Tenn and Pitt that they haven't made a decision to cancel this game. Obviously if they don't cancel it, the Titans got royally screwed. If they do decide to cancel it, then Steelers got screwed by strinign them along and having to prepare for the game and not just transition to a bye week.