Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: I smell a trade coming

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    They are at a crossroads. They need a pass rusher. Good one's aren't cheap. You either think you're good enough to compete for a SB and pony up a high pick for a good one or you sit on your hands and bargain bin a guy like Clay Matthews. Those are really the only 2 options. They have other holes but that is the one that absolutely must be filled for this team to advance any further in the playoffs.
    Just don't see any that are realistically obtainable at this point, at least as far as guys that are significant improvements over what we have.

Ryan Kerrigan probably makes the most sense, expiring contract on a non competitive team that is loaded with rush talent, but as I've said repeatedly about him, I really, really think you're going to have to overpay if you want Snyder to trade a player like that here. Especially since there are few to no other viable alternatives out there.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I think EDC will address the OL like he did the LB’s after last years debacle against Cleveland and KC

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    I think EDC will address the OL like he did the LB’s after last years debacle against Cleveland and KC
    The OL should have been addressed after the debacle against the Titans in the playoffs last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

They might be able to get Cam Jordan in the offseason given the Saints cap situation and since cutting him saves them money, but he'll be 32 and doesn't have a sack yet this year (15.5 last year tho). Also pretty sure he's mostly a 4-3 guy but maybe I'm wrong.

Not seeing many other options. Some of the FAs of note...I don't trust Bud Dupree and doubt they would sign him to a market value contract anyway. Ngakoue will be massively expensive and I don't see Clowney taking another 1 year. Shaq Barrett but he's only had one great year amidst a bunch of meh.

It'll probably have to be via the draft.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Call up the Bengals and see if we can make a deal for John Ross. He was a healthy inactive last game.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

what's the deal with Madabuike? i know he's coming back from injury and he's a rookie, but the org. seemed really big on him and since i didn't get to see any preseason games i can't tell how much that's warranted. BUT.....if he can rush the QB from the interior.....we might not be that far off with what we already have. don't quote me as saying he's the answer, but if we do have a guy on the roster who can rush from inside and demands a double team when he's out there, A LOT of other stuff can fall in place. a lot of it comes down just to the number game. if Campbell demands a double team and another interior player demands a double team, the dominoes might start falling into place. maybe Judon gets home more. maybe McPhee can play a reduced snap count that he needs to be effective (at least that seemed to be the consensus on the board last year, McPhee had something still to offer but he really needed to play situationally not every down to get it done). maybe we're blitzing 5 instead of 6 and have another double-team or safety help to give to the secondary. i dunno, didn't follow camp that closely honestly aside from this board, so can someone please give us the rundown on what Madabuike brings to the table (presumably) starting next week?

as far as all of us trying to bring in someone that we're aware of, EDC did an outstanding job last season with the randos he brought in. we can sit here postulating, but my guess is all but the most diehard NFL fans (not just Ravens fans) will have heard of the people he brings in if he does go that route.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    The OL should have been addressed after the debacle against the Titans in the playoffs last year.
    Ok Dirty, what was he to do? EDC, like so many others, thought Yanda would come back and fulfill the last year of his contract. He did spend a 3rd and 4th on the O-line, but Yanda's shoes are hard to fill. You can't correct all positions in one draft, but he did draft two ILBs (Queen and Harrison), satisfied our craving for WRs (Duvernay and Proche), added what looks like our next #1 RB (Dobbins), tried to bolster the D-line (Madubuike and Washington), plus added a late Safety (Stone) to boot. IMO that was a magnificent selection considering where the Ravens picks were. Do we have flaws = yes, but to lose one's head after one loss (albeit against a top-tier team) is no reason to go nuts... Bc

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    After watching the last two games it is very clear that they need a receiver worse than anything else by a magnitude of 10. Sure the pass rush wasn’t great but the scheme worked fine against the Texans and they tightened up in the second half, the first half they were totally discombobulated but I don’t believe a pass rusher fixes that. This is a coverage over rush team, similar to the Patriots, and it usually works. Without a doubt Judon should have walked and Clowney brought in but that ship sailed long ago. This is still one of the more talented defenses in the league and I expect them to bounce back. But this offense is very stymied by the lack of pass catching weapons, and the ones we have consistently shrink in the spotlight.
    They have one and his name is Devin Duvernay. Watch his receptions this year. If I missed a drop last night, fine. But he's got hands of glue, he runs his routes and he's proving the game isn't too big for him. He didn't crash into another receiver last night knocking them both out.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Give Suggs a call and manage his snaps with an eye dropper.

Quote Originally Posted by 52N19 View Post
    With street Free Agents?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    They have one and his name is Devin Duvernay. Watch his receptions this year. If I missed a drop last night, fine. But he's got hands of glue, he runs his routes and he's proving the game isn't too big for him. He didn't crash into another receiver last night knocking them both out.
    Not at all disparaging Duv as I think he’s got potential but a third round rookie isn’t what I have in mind. Comfortable with him in the 3 role. We need someone across from Brown. Also I can’t help but believe that this is another case of ravens fans highly overrating their own receivers due to basically never having a good one. A 3-5 round player is always the saviour it seems.