Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: I smell a trade coming

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as it is baked into this fan bases psyche, but I don’t know how you can watch last nights game, see them score only 13 points and pass for LESS than a hundred yards, and then hone in on pass rush as the real problem
    Pass rush is part of the problem, not all of it. We've scored 30+ the first two weeks like we did all of last year and had one poorly played game last night. The offense picked up WHEN the play calling got back to our bread and butter plays. Execution and play calling is what killed this offense last night, not the Chefs defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GA_Baltimorean View Post
    Pass rush is part of the problem, not all of it. We've scored 30+ the first two weeks like we did all of last year and had one poorly played game last night. The offense picked up WHEN the play calling got back to our bread and butter plays. Execution and play calling is what killed this offense last night, not the Chefs defense.
    We didn’t score 30 against Houston. The defense scored 7 of those points. They did not look good against Houston for a good portion of the game, and the passing offense didn’t look good all game. Then against the chiefs it was an outright disaster. We don’t the Chiefs passing offense, but we need something better than what we’ve gotten so far. The big weakness of this team is still making up a deficit and the passing game is the only way to improve upon it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    There's more than one real problem
    The passing game is far and away the biggest. Pass rush is overrated.

This bus left when they didn't move on Clowney.

They made the cap decision to go cheap with a stiff from Grand Valley state or whatever it is. The Chiefs controlled the edge all night..picked up the blitz all night...
    Last edited by wecoxepa; 09-29-2020 at 12:40 PM.

There’s nowhere in the world where you’ll find Hayden Hurst glorified like a Ravens board. I dont dislike the guy but he wasn’t nearly the player in the passing game that he is talked about around here. Good hand but wasn’t open too often. Hasn’t looked great in one of the most friendly TE roles in the league yet. A second TE is a luxury. Didn’t he only get in on like 40 percent of snaps last year? Ya, that’s the real difference maker
    I'll say that not having Hurst this year does make Andrews's job harder. Hurst did more blocking than Andrews last year because he was better at it.

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as it is baked into this fan bases psyche, but I don’t know how you can watch last nights game, see them score only 13 points and pass for LESS than a hundred yards, and then hone in on pass rush as the real problem
    Having to blitz as the primary means of generating pressure has been an issue for this team for a couple of years now. It just shows up against some teams worse than others.

Quote Originally Posted by wecoxepa View Post
    This bus left when they didn't move on Clowney.

They made the cap decision to go cheap with a stiff from Grand Valley state or whatever it is. The Chiefs controlled the edge all night..picked up the blitz all night...
    I don't think the Chiefa controlled the edge as much as the Ravens stunted off the edge. I saw Judon stunting to the middle which left the edge open. It was more a scheme issue than a personnel issue.

Blog Entries

After watching the last two games it is very clear that they need a receiver worse than anything else by a magnitude of 10. Sure the pass rush wasn’t great but the scheme worked fine against the Texans and they tightened up in the second half, the first half they were totally discombobulated but I don’t believe a pass rusher fixes that. This is a coverage over rush team, similar to the Patriots, and it usually works. Without a doubt Judon should have walked and Clowney brought in but that ship sailed long ago. This is still one of the more talented defenses in the league and I expect them to bounce back. But this offense is very stymied by the lack of pass catching weapons, and the ones we have consistently shrink in the spotlight.
    This past offseason was the offseason of missed opportunities by this organization on two guys - Hopkins and Clowney. The unwillingness to beat Arizona's laughably low offer for Hopkins was shades of them not being willing to part with an extra pick to move a spot and get Dez Bryant a decade ago. Yeah - I know as an AFC team they would have had to pay up but you know what? He's fucking worth it.

But hey, we got Boykin and Snead.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    This past offseason was the offseason of missed opportunities by this organization on two guys - Hopkins and Clowney. The unwillingness to beat Arizona's laughably low offer for Hopkins was shades of them not being willing to part with an extra pick to move a spot and get Dez Bryant a decade ago. Yeah - I know as an AFC team they would have had to pay up but you know what? He's fucking worth it.

0 chance Houston would have traded Hopkins to us. Why help an AFC contender? Clowney I agree.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    0 chance Houston would have traded Hopkins to us. Why help an AFC contender? Clowney I agree.
    You don't think if the Ravens had beaten the Arizona offer of an aging RB, 2nd rounder, and 4th rounder, BOB wouldn't have traded him here? I don't agree with that. I would have given them a 1st and I would have felt good about it.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

AGREED!! I think our team is at the point now where tradings picks for established players is a must. I'm not saying to trade all of our picks for Michael Thomas, but we need well established players, not just gambling on rookies.

You don't think if the Ravens had beaten the Arizona offer of an aging RB, 2nd rounder, and 4th rounder, BOB wouldn't have traded him here? I don't agree with that. I would have given them a 1st and I would have felt good about it.
    I really don’t think so. I could be wrong but I’m sure a priority was to send him to the NFC. It’s not like we are going to have a high first round pick to trade anyways.