Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: I smell a trade coming

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    It’s pretty rare for legit pass rushers to be on the trade block. They need to do something though.
    Agree with this.

Safety play hasn't been great, but I don't know if I'd be rushing out to trade for one.

Pass rusher would be awesome, but I don't see anybody trading a true impact guy and it's so early, many teams are still waiting to see how their teams season will play out before giving up and trading a guy.

Personally, I really want Kerrigan from WFT...we'll see how long they hold onto the hope of competing this year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

trade for who, and with what money? Hopefully Texans sign ET and free up that but I wouldn't hold my breath for a pass rusher

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    trade for who, and with what money? Hopefully Texans sign ET and free up that but I wouldn't hold my breath for a pass rusher
    Best bet would be to sign Clay Matthews and see if he can do any better than what we have. I don't think they will have many options in a trade.

Blog Entries

After watching the last two games it is very clear that they need a receiver worse than anything else by a magnitude of 10. Sure the pass rush wasn’t great but the scheme worked fine against the Texans and they tightened up in the second half, the first half they were totally discombobulated but I don’t believe a pass rusher fixes that. This is a coverage over rush team, similar to the Patriots, and it usually works. Without a doubt Judon should have walked and Clowney brought in but that ship sailed long ago. This is still one of the more talented defenses in the league and I expect them to bounce back. But this offense is very stymied by the lack of pass catching weapons, and the ones we have consistently shrink in the spotlight.

Not about Hurst specifically, but I think we are missing a second pass catching TE that can also block. We had that in Hurst, and I think we let him go too soon, OR we should have found a replacement.

In 2019 both Andrews and Hurst were mismatches again LB's and Safeties. Now we only have Andrews. It is easier for defenses to take away Andrews when we don't have that 2nd TE.

Hurst is gone. But I think we need(ed) another TE. Having both Hurst and Andrews was a big part of our success last year.

Blog Entries

Delanie Walker?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

There’s nowhere in the world where you’ll find Hayden Hurst glorified like a Ravens board. I dont dislike the guy but he wasn’t nearly the player in the passing game that he is talked about around here. Good hand but wasn’t open too often. Hasn’t looked great in one of the most friendly TE roles in the league yet. A second TE is a luxury. Didn’t he only get in on like 40 percent of snaps last year? Ya, that’s the real difference maker

I am hoping the ole adage that you never look as good as you do when you're winning, or as bad as you do when losing applies to the Ravens. With that said, I'll dive into some hypotheticals....Last year after the Cleveland debacle, EDC cut bait and made some bold moves. Followed by eventually signing Peters. The team will never be able to keep both OT's. And priorities like Humphrey and Stanley are more valuable than Orlando. I would seriously look hard in the offseason on trading for a player that can be impactful. Thus far in three games, Brown has been a turnstile. Realizing those excuse makers will say it's the Rookie next to him, that he has to get familiar with.... I'd mover Bredeson to RG, and kick Phillips to RT next year..... As for A.B. You don't sign a guy in week 8, if that's when he eligible, you do do it earlier.

Blog Entries

Pass-rush was definitely lacking last night. No sacks. Hardly any pressure.

I get that Wink likes dialing up a bunch of crazy-azz blitzes, but when you leave people like DeShonne Elliot on an island with receivers like Mecole Hardman and Tyreek Hill...this is what happens. Mahomes can literally just toss it up in the air and those guys have the wheels to go get it.

They need to figure out how to generate pressure with their front-4/5 guys.

Clay Matthews should definitely be getting a look-see. He's older, but he was still an effective pass rusher last season. Judon just isn't that guy.

Trade scenarios? Ehh...

Most teams don't trade pass-rushers for this very reason.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as it is baked into this fan bases psyche, but I don’t know how you can watch last nights game, see them score only 13 points and pass for LESS than a hundred yards, and then hone in on pass rush as the real problem

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    I guess I shouldn’t be surprised as it is baked into this fan bases psyche, but I don’t know how you can watch last nights game, see them score only 13 points and pass for LESS than a hundred yards, and then hone in on pass rush as the real problem
    There's more than one real problem

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    There’s nowhere in the world where you’ll find Hayden Hurst glorified like a Ravens board. I dont dislike the guy but he wasn’t nearly the player in the passing game that he is talked about around here. Good hand but wasn’t open too often. Hasn’t looked great in one of the most friendly TE roles in the league yet. A second TE is a luxury. Didn’t he only get in on like 40 percent of snaps last year? Ya, that’s the real difference maker
    I think Hurst was good in his role for what the Ravens were doing. Im not mad that we traded him for 2nd round pick. I'm disappointed that we didn't do enough to replace what he did give us as part of our overall offensive plan.

Hurst doing grunt work, while still able to catch a ball once in a while was helpful. Now teams can just key in on Andrews...who will apparently disappear and/or drop balls at times.

We need to find a guy who can reliable do at least what Hurst did.

I have no idea who that person is.