Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. So was Queen benched the 2nd half?

I saw this from JZ coming out of halftime and now that I think about it, I dont recall seeing him playing in the 2nd half. Could be wrong.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Re: So was Queen benched the 2nd half?

Board made some plays too.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

This was a tough game for rookie LB's with all the motions/fakes/screens...they looked a lot like Young/Peanut did last year.

Take it as a learning experience...they have to get better discipline with their eyes. And Queen has to get more physical too...he's "catching" too many blocks still.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Rookies in their third game, against that offense, is like taking a calculus exam the first day of class.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

I have no problem with benching him for this game. He was lost and just out of sorts. It's a good learning experience for him. Nothing was working on D, so you gotta try whatever you can to win.

There's a lot of football left. These guys gotta make some strides as the season progresses and we gotta just keep drafting heavy on the defensive side to try and manifest something that can stop the Chiefs offense

I hope so.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    This was a tough game for rookie LB's with all the motions/fakes/screens...they looked a lot like Young/Peanut did last year.

Take it as a learning experience...they have to get better discipline with their eyes. And Queen has to get more physical too...he's "catching" too many blocks still.
    She looks weak

Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

That D was on the field so much their tongues were hanging out... a lot of mistakes and questionable effort as a result

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

He had an absolutely horrendous first half so I wouldn't be surprised.

Understandably he is a rookie and will make mistakes but he really seems to just be 100% athlete right now, running around and not using his head to diagnose anything on the field. Team's are really taking advantage of him.

And not surprising, his PFF grade is 37.9 right now. That is ridiculously poor (although some here really hate PFF).

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    She looks weak

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    He had an absolutely horrendous first half so I wouldn't be surprised.

Understandably he is a rookie and will make mistakes but he really seems to just be 100% athlete right now, running around and not using his head to diagnose anything on the field. Team's are really taking advantage of him.

And not surprising, his PFF grade is 37.9 right now. That is ridiculously poor (although some here really hate PFF).
    Not resorting to calling him "she" or saying he's weak, but hopefully the lightbulb goes off for him soon because I agree, he looks like an athlete trying to play football right now.

Anytime a lineman gets to his level, he legit just stands there, with his arms out ready to backpedal. He needs to learn to EXPLODE into the linemans chest with heavy hands so he can get off the block.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

12. Re: So was Queen benched the 2nd half?

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    I saw this from JZ coming out of halftime and now that I think about it, I dont recall seeing him playing in the 2nd half. Could be wrong.
    I don't believe he was benched. He played on every drive in H2 save for 1. He looked bad, but he was a rookie in his 3rd game facing the an offensive maestro, a guy who makes his living with misdirection. Watch the tape, learn from it, be ready for round 2 in January if it comes.

Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)