Thread: Gus Edwards

Blog Entries

Re: Gus Edwards

it's early, they'll all get their carries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    it's early, they'll all get their carries
    Not if Roman does what he says in the Penn live article. He views Gus as similar to a baseball closer AND stated we want to get Lamar going in the passing game.

This means that the tiger won't change his stripes on the games we trail

Hes learned nothing from these losses

Augustas Edwards = GAWD on this board. Sh!t makes me laugh😂

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Augustas Edwards = GAWD on this board. Sh!t makes me laugh😂
    Thank you for your enlightened contribution, I had not considered this profound observation.

Blog Entries

Roman is tactically gifted - at least when it comes to designing running plays - but strategically inept and prone to panic. His offense has been punched in the mouth 3 times now & the team was lucky to escape with one win (thanks to a busted coverage on HHurst and a great play by Marcus Peters in Beefalo). Opponents will keep doing this until the team figures out how to beat it - which probably means on about the 15th of Forever, because GRo doesn't have a clue how.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Sarah Ellison
    @sgellison
    ·
    47m
    When asked if Gus Edwards deserves more carries, OC Greg Roman compared Edwards to a closing pitcher in baseball who is fresh and be productive against a worn-down defense.

"There's nothing wrong in having a closer"
    1. This isn't baseball
    2. This isn't baseball
    3. Gus isn't a closer

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

If Roman wants to keep them fresh rotate games where one gets the majority of the carries, don't try to split it up during the game. Like a QB they have to get a feel and read on how they are being defended and how to counter it.

Blog Entries

I like Gus, but don't see him as a starting RB (2019 Steelers game aside). However, he is a powerful relief RB, who I believe should get more carries. I do not mean 20 per game, but more than the 18 he's gotten in our first 3 games... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Agree about Gus. And even Dobbins.

I love Ingrams leadership, but everything about Mark's running right now says he should be the 3rd guy...he looks slow and doesn't have the power he seemed to have had last year.
    Just like when he was playing hurt vs. the Titans, the coaches find it hard to limit Ingram’s playing time because of how much he brings to the team off the field. Time for Harbs and Roman to let Gus and Robbins be the lead dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    1. This isn't baseball
    2. This isn't baseball
    3. Gus isn't a closer
    Gus is a great 4th quarter back but the problem is that we didn't run enough in the first 3 quarters. We gotta wear down that defense first and then board the Gus Bus. At 6'1" 238 lbs that's a big human to bring down when you're gassed.

We averaged 7.5 YPC on 21 runs. They got gashed for 158 yards rushing. That's better production and averages than what we got against Cleveland.. and more YPC than against Houston. We could have easily gashed them for over 300 if we committed to it. We have the blueprint to beat them in the postseason we just gotta do it and not freak out when the defense struggles. Let them be the ones that panic. Run the darn rock!

Gus and Dobbins should be our two feature backs for years to come. I'd extend Gus after this season and either cut Ingram (as much as I like him) or let him take a paycut to stay around for another year. Dobbins and Gus could be what Rice and McGahee were as a 1-2 punch as far as their skill sets are. In my opinion, Gus is the perfect change of pace back and is undervalued severely by this team and fanbase (maybe not on this board).

Quote Originally Posted by VRaven View Post
    Gus and Dobbins should be our two feature backs for years to come.
    Gus is already 25. He does not have that many more productive seasons left in him. Maybe one (next year).

I love his production. But I would not give him a meaningful contract after this season.