Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Good News is ...

(1) We survived the game physically (no apparent critical injuries).
    (2) We were out-played (correctible).
    (3) We were out-coached (correctible).
    (4) We very likely get a rematch in the playoffs (opportunity for redemption when it really matters; time to implement lessons learned).

The bad news:

(1) Do not trust in-game decisions by Roman and Harbaugh in critical moments - especially when facing elimination.
    (2) Not yet convinced All-Pro Yanda is not sorely missed. He was the ‘heart and soul’ of the O-line.

Re: The Good News is ...

The worst news is that we don't match up well at all against KC. That has to be obvious to even the most casual observer by now.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

No pass rush need to try signing Clay Matthews and sit out Judon to send a message. He's worthless right now

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    (2) Not yet convinced All-Pro Yanda is not sorely missed. He was the ‘heart and soul’ of the O-line.
    I agree overall with your points. That said, I think Phillips actually played okay. Let's see what Ken has to say. However, Stanley, Skura, and Brown looked like fresh dog crap - and of course not having hot routes against all out blitzes is more malpractice by Roman

Perhaps the only good news is that we don't get our hopes up in January until we, you know, actually win a playoff game. This team right now is a paper tiger.
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

I feel like they exploited our young safeties a lot yesterday, and that won't happen again. When we play them again in the playoffs Elliott and Clark will be better at their jobs and the little mistakes I saw last night won't happen again. I have faith in them. They just need a little time to gel before this defense can stop elite level offenses the way it shuts down mediocre ones.

I'm so impressed with Hollywood Brown. That dude will run any route and puts in 100% on every snap. He reminds me a lot of Steve Smith in that regard. By the end of the season he'll be Lamar's ninja. Coming out of nowhere on crossing routes and streaking down the field. I can see it. I have faith in them. They just need more time to gel.

The best news is no new injuries.

Blog Entries

The good news is it's week 3. Not sure if you remember Titans started 2-4 last year; way too soon to judge the season

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    The worst news is that we don't match up well at all against KC. That has to be obvious to even the most casual observer by now.
    And each time we've played them, we've looked worse

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    I feel like they exploited our young safeties a lot yesterday, and that won't happen again. When we play them again in the playoffs Elliott and Clark will be better at their jobs and the little mistakes I saw last night won't happen again. I have faith in them. They just need a little time to gel before this defense can stop elite level offenses the way it shuts down mediocre ones.
    I admire your optimism. However, I think you are whistling past the graveyard a bit.

Three years in a row we've played them and the result have been the same. They were toying with us last night...and to blame the safeties is a bit extreme. Chuck Clark is a seasoned pro. He played pretty decent.

You said it - they have an elite offense. The best in the NFL. Mahomes was making throws off his heels that were consistently dropping in the bucket 30 yards away. I was in awe of what this guy was doing. The precision...the execution was damn near perfect. We are not in their league. You could put 2004 Ed Reed back there and I don't think we would win. So long as we have no pash rush to speak of, we are going to get carved up every time by this dude.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    sit out Judon to send a message. He's worthless right now
    The message being jhoff66 is really pissed off?

The good news is we won't have to play KC again this year
    If we make the playoffs I don't see us advancing to the AFC championship game. Will Lamar ever win a playoff game?

KC has a middle of the pack defense and shutdown Lamar, imagine what the Steelers will do.

Steelers/KC will be a very interesting AFC championship game.

The early thing I noticed was we went away from the run. To beat KC you keep Mahomes off the field. SD kept the ball away. It also helps to have only a 4 man rush. Blitzing only causes someone to be wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus Corax View Post
    (1) We survived the game physically (no apparent critical injuries).
    (2) We were out-played (correctible).
    (3) We were out-coached (correctible).
    (4) We very likely get a rematch in the playoffs (opportunity for redemption when it really matters; time to implement lessons learned).

The bad news:

(1) Do not trust in-game decisions by Roman and Harbaugh in critical moments - especially when facing elimination.
    We are really missing Yanda.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk