Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Going Forward

Re: Going Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Gus and Ingram should flip places in the lineup. Gus should be the starting RB, and Ingram should come in when Gus needs a breather. When Gus gets going downhill, it is a beautiful sight to see. Ingram isn’t explosive enough anymore to be the starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It is beautiful... All 4 rushes

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

2. Re: Going Forward

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Boykin is not the guy. Granted he’s a 3rd option on this team but compare that to MeCole Hardman who is Mahomes’ third option.
    Boykin is a tall X receiver, split end. He should be able to catch 50/50 balls downfield. He's big, has really high sparq, and all that tells me that he should be able to block well.

Duvernay returns kicks for TDs and does jet motion and catches pop passes and runs outside. They don't do the same things, and you really wouldn't want to use them interchangeably. I'd consider Boykin an END and Duvernay a BACK. I'd do long passes to Boykin because win jump balls and short passes to Duvernay because yards after catch.

Duvernay is more suitable as 3rd run option, and I'd think that the Ravens would like to use that more.

Left End - Andrews
    Right End - Boyle
    Blocking Back - Ricard
    Wing Back - Duvernay/Hollywood/RGIII
    Full Back - Edwards/Dobbins/Ingram
    Tail Back - Lamar Jackson

that's the single wing run formation, but they call the wing back the flanker back now and have him split, the TB is the QB in the shotgut or pistol, the FB is the RB, the BB is the FB or slotback. The ends are TEs but today they're often SEs, like Boykin.

3. Re: Going Forward

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    kelce, hill, CEH, watkins, hardman, eric fisher :)
    Andrews (+Boyle), Hollywood, Dobbins(+other RB), Boykin, Snead/Duvernay/Proche, Ricard

The Chiefs have more speed, the Ravens have more size. The Ravens have a running QB and the best running game, it's good to have wrs/tes/fbs that can block and can catch 50/50 balls in that context.

4. Re: Going Forward

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    People keep trying to sell me on Boykin, but I just have never seen anything that makes hi special. He's just a guy. This offense needs more Duverney

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
    Boykin is a TALL guy. He also has very high sparq. There had to have been something not too great about him coming out of college, because he does have the height of the tall X receiver, and his sparq was top 0.1%

1 Miles Boykin Yes WR Notre Dame 22.9 6036 220 150.1 3.0 99.9 Boykin 6036 220 33.50 9.88 81.375 4.42 2.57 1.54 4.07 6.77 12 43.5 11.67

Perfect height and weight as an X and crazy high sparq. If those guys are also very good receivers, they're taken in the first round. But Boykin wasn't, not sure exactly what the not very good aspect is, but I'd want to keep the 6'4 220 wr with the 4.42 speed and the 43.5 vert.

Duvernay is a different type of player. Maybe more Duvernay, but Boykin has what he has.
    If you're going to throw a 50/50 ball downfield, would you rather throw it to Hollywood or to Boykin? I'd rather throw it to Boykin. I don't think that I would really be able to throw accurately enough to Hollywood, but if I threw in the general direction of Boykin, there's a chance he could come down with it.