Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: The Ravens biggest problem in big games is psychological.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    Yep dudes running wide open and letting a QB throw for 4 TD’s, while rushing another TD and throwing 385 yards is completely psychological.

Because if it wasn’t psychological beforehand, Andy Reid, Mahommes and the rest of KC’s offense most certainly have rent free space in our entire D’s heads along with the coaching staffs.
    I think they do. I think Andy Reid has John Harbaugh's number right now.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    For sure. Reid is Harbaugh’s daddy like Belichick is Tomlin’s daddy.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Let’s just admit that we got straight up destroyed tonight due to being out performed at almost every position on the field and off of it.

They didn’t lose this game from a psychological perspective, but this game will certainly leave a large majority of our team with mental scars for the rest of the year... because that’s how truly awful the defense played.

Yep dudes running wide open and letting a QB throw for 4 TD’s, while rushing another TD and throwing 385 yards is completely psychological.
    I think those are the symptoms. The cause is the players coming out and not looking like themselves and the coaches not coaching like themselves.

Did you not get the "here we go again feeling" that it was like watching the last 2 playoff games with everyone under performing and bad play calls? It wasn't like any other defeats recently. There was a general tightness.

The only connection between these 3 games is that they were "big games" and the only explanation ( that I can see) is that the Ravens allowed that to get to them.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think those are the symptoms. The cause is the players coming out and not looking like themselves and the coaches not coaching like themselves.

Did you not get the "here we go again feeling" that it was like watching the last 2 playoff games with everyone under performing and bad play calls? It wasn't like any other defeats recently. There was a general tightness.

The only connection between these 3 games is that they were "big games" and the only explanation ( that I can see) is that the Ravens allowed that to get to them.
    May be this team isn’t built to compete against teams like Kansas City? They are simply that much better than us?

Quote Originally Posted by Finisher View Post
    The one constant is Harbaugh. Dude gets outcoached in meaningful games like clockwork. Players are always uptight and get away from what they do well.
    People forget those years between the Super Bowl and Lamar where we had to win a game against a division team in the final couple weeks of the season and we lost almost every game. The Lamar era has just been a continuation of that in the biggest games. The only link between all of those games is Harbaugh.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

This felt like a total redux of the Titans game, and I started feeling it as soon as the Ravens settled for a field goal on what was a strong opening drive. At that time my thought pattern was more hope the Ravens don't need those 4 points at the end of the game.

May be this team isn’t built to compete against teams like Kansas City? They are simply that much better than us?
    If it weren't for that loss against Tennessee, a very different team from Kansas City, I would agree with you. The team looks like immature and has things to learn. They may not learn what they need against the bad teams, and there are some godawful teams in the NFL.

There’s two ways to beat Kansas City.

1) with a consistent pass rush from 4 guys. Which we simply don’t have. Only a couple teams in the league have a good one to attack them this way.

2) Ground and pound run control game. This is our only way to beat them. Two huge drives. The one after their first TD when it was 7-3 and then 13-10 when we stopped them after the KR touchdown.
    If those two drives resulted in something other than 3 and out, we have a slim chance to win this game.

But they didn’t and Mahommes took over. They have too much of an advantage on offense against our defense for us to not take advantage of those openings.

They just missed 2 FG’s (4 points), fumbled in our territory(safe to say at least 3) gave us the ball on the 50 from a failed 4th and 1 (which led to our lone offensive TD) and let up a KR for a touchdown and still thoroughly WHOOPED our ass.

(These 4 above happenings gave our team a 21 point swing in the positive direction. 21!!! And we still lost by 14 points)

If that doesn’t scare the people here that have Super Bowl hopes, which I assume is all of us, then I’m not sure what will.

Blog Entries

I tuned the game off after the phantom leg whiff flag. Beating the Chiefs requires perfect football. So long as the NFL LETS Mahomes and his Golden boy’s allowed to hold the way the did - I have zero interest in the game.

Blog Entries

It’s not a psychological problem. The Chiefs are simply a better team with better players and coaching. Mahomes made the throws and Lamar didn’t. Chiefs d-line kept contain on Lamer while the Ravens d-line let Mahomes run outside. Kelce made the catches and Andrews did not. Chiefs secondary locked down the Ravens receivers while the Chiefs receivers were wide open. No pass rush whatsoever on Mahomes but Lamar is sacked at crucial times.

Lamar is a phenomenal talent. But so far that talent hasn’t translated to the playoffs or beating the Chiefs.

I agree with all of the above. I love this board for both the optimism and the rational skepticism. In tonight's comments lay hard truths about our flaws, from people that love football and our team.

I didn't like what I watched tonight. Not because we lost, because looked average. Mediocrity is everywhere. We added to that pile tonight.

There were moments last season where I saw things I'd never seen. Glorious plays and playmaking that broke records. Schemes that made the entire NFL rethink what is or is not an offense. It was greatness incarnate, it was art in motion. Smash mouth, try and stop us, art in motion. A team that said fuck you , we can always get a 4th down.

I didn't see that tonight and it's killing me because I know what what we're capable of.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk