Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Andrews

Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Not really. Andrews has had bad back to back games. Non factor against the Texans and Chiefs. That is because he is being doubled and tripled team in coverage. Lamar shouldn't have thrown those passes. Then again Mark is our only big scoring threat in the passing game. Get Antonio Brown. We have no choice.
    Your initial comment is spot on, you can add the Titans game in there as well.

I think we actually need to see this new passing offense they told us about all offseason. Either that, or we need to start running the ball a ton more out of 11 personnel.

Just say no to AB.

Blog Entries

This was a statement game.

Unfortunately, the statement the Crows made was We can't find out arses with both hands.

Until Lamar stops playing favorites, all opponents have to do is take away his favorites & this team ain't never gonna sniff a Lombardi. Take away any 2 of Andrews, Hollywood and Ingram and LJ looks very beatable. He may "go through his progressions" but when he's predisposed to forcing balls into a crowd for #89 or #15 & treating everyone else like they're covered if they have a defender within 5 yards...
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

Blog Entries

Just say Now to AB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    This was a statement game.

Unfortunately, the statement the Crows made was We can't find out arses with both hands.

Until Lamar stops playing favorites, all opponents have to do is take away his favorites & this team ain't never gonna sniff a Lombardi. Take away any 2 of Andrews, Hollywood and Ingram and LJ looks very beatable. He may "go through his progressions" but when he's predisposed to forcing balls into a crowd for #89 or #15 & treating everyone else like they're covered if they have a defender within 5 yards...
    I actually agree except I wouldn’t describe it as “playing favorites” and its not just on Lamar it’s on Greg too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I actually agree except I wouldn’t describe it as “playing favorites” and its not just on Lamar it’s on Greg too
    My gut feeling is that Roman is so dazzled by Lamar's skill set he bends over backwards to script the game so that the primary reads/options are the ones LJ favors. After losing to the Flaming Thumbtacks I was fairly incensed that they hadn't spent the 3 weeks of grace installing plays where Gus was RB1 and HHurst the primary read, but upon further review, IMO #8 would have pulled the ball away unless Edwards had a hole the size of an 18-wheeler, & would've turned away from Thor if he had a DB within 5 yards in favor of a heave to Andrews surrounded by opponents - IOW, it wouldn't have helped, and might even have hurt, because LJ would have had to waste time going through the motions of options he had no interest in exercising.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Ravens fans jumping off the Andres wagon until he plays well again lol.

My gut feeling is that Roman is so dazzled by Lamar's skill set he bends over backwards to script the game so that the primary reads/options are the ones LJ favors. After losing to the Flaming Thumbtacks I was fairly incensed that they hadn't spent the 3 weeks of grace installing plays where Gus was RB1 and HHurst the primary read, but upon further review, IMO #8 would have pulled the ball away unless Edwards had a hole the size of an 18-wheeler, & would've turned away from Thor if he had a DB within 5 yards in favor of a heave to Andrews surrounded by opponents - IOW, it wouldn't have helped, and might even have hurt, because LJ would have had to waste time going through the motions of options he had no interest in exercising.
    A DC who schemes to make sure neither Hollywood or Andrews are open is like making a pull hitter face a shift in baseball. Lamar can “go the other way” but it doesn’t come naturally

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Is it me or does it seem like he never shows up in big games? Dropping passes left and right. I know he gets a lot of attention every play, but you’d think he could take advantage of the few times when he has single coverage. Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It’s not just you. He is starting to develop an MO of shrinking in big spots. Saw it against TN last year and Seattle too. I was most surprised Hollywood sucked yesterday - first time I’ve seen him seemingly succumb to the pressure

Seemed like everybody on the O was about half a step to a step off -- just enough off to make everybody look pathetic.

Blog Entries

My gut feeling is that Roman is so dazzled by Lamar's skill set he bends over backwards to script the game so that the primary reads/options are the ones LJ favors...... IOW, it wouldn't have helped, and might even have hurt, because LJ would have had to waste time going through the motions of options he had no interest in exercising.
    Just last week
    Greg dialed some plays specifically for Miles

Literally the first play of the game was for Miles. target for Miles on a choice route and Miles was chosen pre-snap over Hollywood.
    -that's not nothing-

In the second half, Miles was targetted back to back plays in the first series of the 3rd Q.
    -that's not nothing either, speaks to a gameplan emphasis-

Do they do it enough? No.
    But I don’t think it has anything to do with playing favorites/ catering the offense to Lamar’s favorites.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    A DC who schemes to make sure neither Hollywood or Andrews are open is like making a pull hitter face a shift in baseball. Lamar can “go the other way” but it doesn’t come naturally
    Good analogy. I recall the 61-yd TD to HH vs the Beefalos & mourn for what might have been if Lamar had gotten him the ball in space a few more times. Mostly he was targeted as the very last option, with DBs draped all over him - and he still made the tough catches most of the time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Shrubbsy, while I am an Andrews supporter, this was not the game to have the dropsies. It makes the team, coaching staff, and fans wary that he might do it again in the spotlight (AKA the Playoffs). You don't want anyone to lose confidence in him. I hope your post is right... Bc
    If losing confidence in him forces them to develop other passing options then so be it.

The offense will be better for it.