Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mark Andrews

Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    This. They're not preparing well, as a team. The issues go far beyond Andrews dropping passes but it's a small part of it.
    It's this. 100%. You lay eggs at home against SD (a team you easily beat 2 weeks prior in their stadium), Cleveland, Tennessee, and now KC. It's not just them losing, but the way they lose. It's uncharacteristic of the way they play 90% of the other times.

I don’t think it’s the case that he falls apart during night games, I think he’s just good for a shocker once a season where he drops everything. As long as it’s that rare I’ll take it, just sucks it was last night.

Blog Entries

He’s the focal point of the passing game and is gonna get some low percentage targets come his way.

He definitely dropped that TD and the half time pass.

But the seam route sandwiched between 3 defenders isn’t a negative drop, but a no fault drop.

4. Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDice View Post
    It's this. 100%. You lay eggs at home against SD (a team you easily beat 2 weeks prior in their stadium), Cleveland, Tennessee, and now KC. It's not just them losing, but the way they lose. It's uncharacteristic of the way they play 90% of the other times.
    Agree with the overall point, but the bolded statement is inaccurate. Nothing about the LAC win was easy (it sure looks that way after Peanut's punch was returned for a TD, but it was a 6 point game late in Q4, and the Chargers largely shut down the offense). The loss was disappointing, but probably shouldn't have been a surprise. That Chargers team was a 4th&9 stop away from winning the West and being the #1 seed...

To provide an argument against the overall point, the Ravens have shown up for a few big home games since Lamar took over: NE and SF come to mind. Possibly HOU. It's not like they always blow big games. The common point seems to be early adversity. If they can't get going early, that tends to stick around. Not sure how accurate that is, or if there's even a way to work on it. Feels like they need a leader to step up and calm down the team (everyone, from players to coaches) if things aren't going their way early. To be fair, they've recovered from poor starts (e.g. HOU, SF, CLE2), so maybe this isn't accurate either.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

5. Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    He’s the focal point of the passing game and is gonna get some low percentage targets come his way.

He definitely dropped that TD and the half time pass.

But the seam route sandwiched between 3 defenders isn’t a negative drop, but a no fault drop.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Last night was not all on Andrews...many of those "drops" were poorly thrown passes.

Blog Entries

Can anyone describe (in 2500 words or less) the main features of the "Bills/Titans" defensive game plan? I'd like a clearer grasp of what our guys are up against.

Specifically, how much of it incorporates jamming the shit out of Crow receivers at the LoS to disrupt their timing with LJ?**

I conjecture that Andrews is successful when he manages a clean release without much effort, & loses focus when he has to fight his way free. Which could probably be said of the whole Crow WR corps.

**And how much of it is run-blitzing in the center & right of the Crow OL? --but that's another issue for another time.
    ...If yinz ain't vaxxed & boosted by now, ain't nuffin' I say gonna change yer mind. Just don't drop dead on my lawn.

Слава Україні! героям слава!

8. Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Last night was not all on Andrews...many of those "drops" were poorly thrown passes.
    Not really. Andrews has had bad back to back games. Non factor against the Texans and Chiefs. That is because he is being doubled and tripled team in coverage. Lamar shouldn't have thrown those passes. Then again Mark is our only big scoring threat in the passing game. Get Antonio Brown. We have no choice.

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    Not really. Andrews has had bad back to back games. Non factor against the Texans and Chiefs. That is because he is being doubled and tripled team in coverage. Lamar shouldn't have thrown those passes. Then again Mark is our only big scoring threat in the passing game. Get Antonio Brown. We have no choice.
    Didn't learn from Earl Thomas eh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Can anyone describe (in 2500 words or less) the main features of the "Bills/Titans" defensive game plan? I'd like a clearer grasp of what our guys are up against.

Specifically, how much of it incorporates jamming the shit out of Crow receivers at the LoS to disrupt their timing with LJ?**

I conjecture that Andrews is successful when he manages a clean release without much effort, & loses focus when he has to fight his way free. Which could probably be said of the whole Crow WR corps.

**And how much of it is run-blitzing in the center & right of the Crow OL? --but that's another issue for another time.
    It’s mostly just loading the box. You could see every defender from the camera last night

This may be of interest. https://titansized.com/2020/01/13/lo...tans-plan/amp/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    He’s earned a bad game
    Shrubbsy, while I am an Andrews supporter, this was not the game to have the dropsies. It makes the team, coaching staff, and fans wary that he might do it again in the spotlight (AKA the Playoffs). You don't want anyone to lose confidence in him. I hope your post is right... Bc

12. Re: Mark Andrews

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Didn't learn from Earl Thomas eh?
    Before pride there is a fall. No Brown or another big play wideout equals a quiet early exit from the playoffs again.