Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: More concerned about the offense or defense?

If you want to say they are lacking talent at key positions i.e. pass rusher and WR, then yes, I agree, and based on the teams attempts to acquire guys at these positions (Hopkins, Clowney, rumored Ngakoue) in the off-season, I imagine the team agrees as well. But overall talent being least in the league, no, I don't agree with that at all.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    We don’t have the most talented roster, and not even close.

Lamar being so special he gives that illusion. Who the hell do we have on offense? Our #1 receiver isn’t even as good as some of these teams #2-3 receivers.

Falcons have Calvin Ridley, Julio, gage, Gurley, and now hurst to throw to. We are more talented than them?

Cowboys have, cooper, ceedee lamb, Gallup and Elliot in the backfield... we are more talented than them?

I can go on and on. Don’t get me started on our Oline...

The reality is we have one of the least talented teams on the league that has one of the most special QBs in the history of football.

This same team under Flacco has a losing record for a reason

To call the Ravens one of the least talented teams in the league is absolutely asinine. We have probably the most talented secondary in the league, strong LBs and a nice D Line. The o-line isn’t all world after loss of Yanda but it is still upper half of the league. The backs are really good. TE room isn’t as good as last year but still one of the better ones in the league.

Now WR? Ya, probably one of the least talented in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Defense because they haven’t gotten pressure against anyone in the first 3 games. Offense will be fine against the majority of teams.
    This^ So far the Defense can't rush & set an edge at the same time: ILBs currently over-matched on coverage. no one reliably in CF. Our running game can wear most teams out if we stay with it

It was an entire team fail (except for special teams). The defense absolutely sucked last night getting beat at every turn. However, you cannot win against a team like the Chiefs who have offensive weapons everywhere unless you put up points and kill the clock. No defense in the NFL is going to hurt Mahomes. It becomes incumbent upon the offense to score. Scoring 20 points in your own house when you regularly put up 30+ on the road is inexcusable. No way do we win a playoff game against the Chiefs if we play like last night.

My concern is now the Chiefs are solidly in the head of the Ravens. 0-3 against Mahomes. I feel we had a better chance against the old Brady led Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    My concern is now the Chiefs are solidly in the head of the Ravens. 0-3 against Mahomes. I feel we had a better chance against the old Brady led Pats.
    The Ravens were one of the most successful teams in the NFL against the Brady/Belichick Pats. Pats still won the overall record but the Ravens beat them a number of times including in the playoffs.

This... it's another story with KC. They do not have that team figured out.

6. Re: More concerned about the offense or defense?

I'm not worried about the defense. They only seem to do bad against Mahomes (who doesn't?). The offense is very concerning because we looked the exact same way against the Titans, with the exact total scoring of 13 points, the exact same abandonment of the running game and the exact same look on Harbaughs face on the sideline while being dominated. Well, at least we're consistent!

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    I'm not worried about the defense. They only seem to do bad against Mahomes (who doesn't?). The offense is very concerning because we looked the exact same way against the Titans, with the exact total scoring of 13 points, the exact same abandonment of the running game and the exact same look on Harbaughs face on the sideline while being dominated. Well, at least we're consistent!
    I agree based on my prior post.

Really expected more of a pass rush from CC and Wolfe. Just glad they didn't lock down Judon long term. Would've been another BW situation
    Trams that can't get pressure from their DL are going to have a tough go versus teams like KC.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Really expected more of a pass rush from CC and Wolfe. Just glad they didn't lock down Judon long term. Would've been another BW situation
    Trams that can't get pressure from their DL are going to have a tough go versus teams like KC.

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk
    Have to give Bwill props for making a tackle of Mahommes at the sideline - where were the LB's & DB's

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    i wonder if the greg has taken Lamar as far as Greg is capable?
    Yes imo. Now that means he made him a MVP but I don't expect much evolution in his play design or play calling. It'll take the team pass every team expect KC probably.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Yes imo. Now that means he made him a MVP but I don't expect much evolution in his play design or play calling. It'll take the team pass every team expect KC probably.

Which begs the question - how exhaustively are the studying what KC is doing and how they are doing it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

Greg either needs to scheme up better and develop an outside WR or DeCosta needs to find him a WR that plays beyond the Xs and Os.

Personally I think Dobbins is that player in the RB room. But we don’t have that guy in the WR room.