Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Love Romans run game, but his passing scheme is lacking

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    separation is fine. brown was gone for a td if lamar doesnt over throw. andrews open all night.
    Brown got open once all game and Andrews is fantastic at separating and dropping the ball. So that’s cool

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    The story on Greg Roman has always been great run game sub-par passing game.

Lamar masks so much of the passing game's flaws when the team maintains a run threat.
    Spags all but dared the passing game to throw outside to the WRs and Greg never tried.
    Romans main QBs in his last two stops have been Tyrod Taylor and Kaepernick. Both whom passed at a much higher level then they did with any other OC. Me thinks maybe this is unfounded

Blog Entries

This ended up being a TD but its the exact same play they ran last week.

If its the same play, then it means the other pass plays could be the exactly the same...
    And if they're the same that means Spags knew what was coming based on the formation....does this sound familiar?

its hard to be successful on offense when the defense knows your plays...
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Romans main QBs in his last two stops have been Tyrod Taylor and Kaepernick. Both whom passed at a much higher level then they did with any other OC. Me thinks maybe this is unfounded
    What is unfounded?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SouthSide View Post
    Why is Roman so quick to abandon the run?

It like he freaks out everytime we are behind.
    Most teams put away the run when trailing and with good reason. They need to develop a passing game that can succeed without the run if they want to take the next step. But that requires horses which they don’t currently possess

Blog Entries

What is unfounded?
    Saying that the book on Roman is great running and sub par passing. The QBs that he has worked with found way more passing success than they did with any other OC. Roman just has never had the chance to have a high octane set of pass catching weapons to work with.

Blog Entries

This ended up being a TD but its the exact same play they ran last week.

If its the same play, then it means the other pass plays could be the exactly the same...
    And if they're the same that means Spags knew what was coming based on the formation....does this sound familiar?

its hard to be successful on offense when the defense knows your plays...
    Lmao

Blog Entries

Because they can’t separate. Are we watching the same team?
    You can't make a claim and support it with....nothing.

Lol, yes we certainly are watching different games.

Boykin can separate, that's not one of his issues and he does have some but separation isn't one of them.

Duvernay can absolutely separate.

I am talking from historical data not just from this game.

The reason why I'm not talking about this game is because we didn't see them get targeted to know whether or not they were getting separation. Its not like we're watching all-22.

Because they can’t separate. Are we watching the same team?
    I saw twice Hollywood Brown was open for six but Lamar underthrew him and let the CB catch up to break up the pass. But he was open.

Gonna have to watch the tape for the rest of them.

Most teams put away the run when trailing and with good reason. They need to develop a passing game that can succeed without the run if they want to take the next step. But that requires horses which they don’t currently possess
    I disagree with this and ill post a thread tomorrow but: When the other team has the lead, what do teams expect you to do? Pass. We are the best running team averaging 6ypc tonight. So why not just keep running the ball? If your trailing and time is the essence, it doesnt matter if you cant move the ball. Thats how you set up a playaction. The way this team is setup there is no reason to abandon the run the way we have in our last 3/4 losses.

We are a run first team that runs the ball well that stops running the ball to pass the ball when we arent passing well.
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

You can't make a claim and support it with....nothing.

Lol, yes we certainly are watching different games.

Boykin can separate, that's not one of his issues and he does have some but separation isn't one of them.

Duvernay can absolutely separate.

I am talking from historical data not just from this game.

The reason why I'm not talking about this game is because we didn't see them get targeted to know whether or not they were getting separation. Its not like we're watching all-22.
    Exactly what ‘historical data’ are you drawing from? The idea that Boykin consistently get separation is insane. And Duvernay has barely went on routes as he’s a third round god damn rookie and to expect much more from him is silly. Where has Duvernay separated? He’s barely run routes and I assume the coaching staff has better answers than you or I on why... but I surmise being a mid round rookie it’s pretty par for the course. This team lacks serious talent at WR and to argue otherwise is... whatever. I don’t blame the horses, they are what they are, mostly young guys hopefully developing. But that ain’t getting it done. They needed to invest more in WR earlier than they did and it’s clearly showing now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I disagree with this and ill post a thread tomorrow but: When the other team has the lead, what do teams expect you to do? Pass. We are the best running team averaging 6ypc tonight. So why not just keep running the ball? If your trailing and time is the essence, it doesnt matter if you cant move the ball. Thats how you set up a playaction. The way this team is setup there is no reason to abandon the run the way we have in our last 3/4 losses.

We are a run first team that runs the ball well that stops running the ball to pass the ball when we arent passing well.
    I’ll concede that they gave up on the run too early. But this team still needs to develop the passing game if they want to come from behind and I’m not sure how this can be argued at this point. They’re going to get behind from time to time, especially when the lights are brightest, and they’ve come up short every time now.