Page 202 of 202 FirstFirst ... 200201202
Results 2,413 to 2,424 of 2424
    Blog Entries

Re: Game Thread Chiefs @ Ravens MNF 9/28

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Lamar is not a great passer if they abandon the run. He needs the threat of play action to get receivers open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lol, that's the opposite of what I saw. I thought the play-action passing game was handicapping Lamar...just like it did last year. Lamar is better off and the offense is better off when Lamar gets field reads not 2-man half field reads.

And also, the receivers and the scheme need to get some people open.
    Notice how wide open the Chiefs receivers were all game?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Lamar missed a lot of passes tonight. His accuracy was poor.

He also hit on a bunch that were outright dropped. He was not good tonight but let’s not pretend that the poor showing by his supporting cast didn’t play a big role

Blog Entries

15 for 28
    5 drops
    pressured all day
    no scheme help
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    It all goes hand in hand.

Maybe I should let the immortal Jim Mora speak on my behalf regarding the Ravens performance tonight:

(all game instead of just the second half)
    lol. That's uncanny.

5. Re: Game Thread Chiefs @ Ravens MNF 9/28

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    It’s a passing league and you have to be able to make it happen when the other team knows you are going to pass. To be fair most QBs can’t do it all themselves when they are 23 but most QBs don’t win Super Bowls.
    "It’s a passing league"

It's football. Running and Passing.

The Ravens w/ Lamar started winning immediately with Lamar running very very much. 26 carries in the first start and a WIN. Since then, losses have been scarce and typically to the Chiefs. Lamar has gotten better at passing, but it hasn't made the Ravens win more. They've been winning all along. The Ravens win with Lamar running 26 times, and not throwing that often and that well. The Ravens win with Lamar running half as often or even less, and throwing more and better. And they, so far, lose to the Chiefs in the regular season. And if the Ravens lose to a team not the Chiefs, maybe they revamp the defense, adding good new players.

Thats it
    WINS - 22
    Losses to Chiefs - 3
    Losses that result in defense changes - 1

There is also - Playoff losses - 2 - which are the only important losses so far.

Key point is that Lamar and the Ravens won immediately and almost always win because Lamar runs so great. The Ravens could win without throwing a pass if they wanted to. It might be "a passing league" but the Ravens don't need to pass - at all - to win.

Blog Entries

There should be more talk about how we used a 2nd round pick on a RB when we have the most under utilized RB talent in the league in Gus Edwards. But this place is in love with Dobbins so I must digress. Use Edwards the way he should be, guy is so good

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Notice how wide open the Chiefs receivers were all game?
    A clean pocket and five seconds to throw will do that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Not willing to say he was the biggest issue but he was an issue. I however do sympathize as he doesn’t have the weapons at his disposal to make things look better when they’re going badly. A guy like Matt Ryan has always had that, if Lamar had half of Ryan’s weapons through his career I’d feel a lot better about our prospects going forward
    Funny reading this. Sounds like people when they defended flacco.

Didnt see the game for what its worth just purely the ryan weapons comparison.

We always have this issue in baltimore and until it changes we wont ever realise the full potential of our qbs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Yep. Mahomes had all day to throw. You can only cover quality receivers for so long.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Went back a couple of pages and pretty much every one on the team and staff has been blamed ;-)

They scored 34 which is not a surprise. I knew it would take in the 30's to beat them. Didn't like the game plan and seemed like Chiefs knew the plays in some instances

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

LJ missed a couple passes. But this game was just a bad as the London game for energy level. Maybe it was the lack of fans. Maybe it was the players now expect to get run over by KC. Our game plan was not good enough. Our play call was not great after the first drive. Defense seemed to be watching each other instead of attacking and hitting. 98 had a good game on the defense and Bozman played well o line. Everyone else just looked out of sorts. Both Stanley and OBJr were just weak last night.

Personally I’d burn the film instead of watching it. Kinder to the guilty. Our in game adjustments , such as they were, did nothing to get us back into the game. It starts with the o line. They still are not run blocking well. Maybe it is time to shake things up a bit. Sakura out and Mekari in. OB Jr just got man handled and had no Yanda there to help him. We just got stomped.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    That happened too sometimes. But are you denying that the design of their passing game scheme opens receivers consistently?