Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: The Texans are a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    If it was wasn't for Jacksonville imploding and Luck retiring, the last few years would have pointed our just how bad he (O'Brien) is as a head coach. I can understand that if you feel you can't sign your franchise WR in Hopkins you listen to offers. Or, at the very least when your team is coming off of winning the division the year before you ride Hopkins in his last year and either Franchise or let him go after the year and get a draft pick, and spend the money on another quality player. With the Titans looking like the class of the division and Frank Reich working with young talent the Texans are in a conundrum. Watt isn't getting younger, and Watson will get clobbered behind that O'Line. Should they sign A.B.?
    Should they sign Terrelle Pryor? Big WR + Running QB. And cheap.

Blog Entries

Re: The Texans are a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    Should they sign Terrelle Pryor? Big WR + Running QB. And cheap.
    they've been flirting with AB

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

3. Re: The Texans are a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    “Disaster” is hyperbole. They played hard for the most part. Didn't beat themselves with penalties. Had some real good defenders. I loved Reid. Their QB impressed me this game - and I had thought he was over-hyped. He is dangerous. Everyone knows their first three games were a disaster of scheduling, but the team a disaster? No. This could ruin them, but I think they have just as good a chance of clawing back in.

They scored 3 freaking TDs against the yinz in the first half and proceeded to get shut out in the second half. That’s disastrous for us.

I will lay that at the coaches feet.
    I don't see anything great about their defense at all. They've allowed 95 points through 3 games.

If you get run over every single game at the LOS, you're going to lose a lot, especially with how spotty the offense is. They face some great running teams and I don't see them beating any of them, which includes the Titans twice, the Browns, the Patriots, and the Packers. I don't see them finishing any higher than 7-9.

The Texans need to get rid of BoB and hire a package GM/head coach pair, maybe a pair that's worked together before?

Blog Entries

they won 10 games last year plus a playoff game and 11 the year before. they're not firing Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they've been flirting with AB
    They've got nothing to lose at this point and gotta save their season

I think that 25+ teams could well be 0-3 with the same schedule

8. Re: The Texans are a disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    they won 10 games last year plus a playoff game and 11 the year before. they're not firing Bob
    Tell that to Gary Kubiak after his 10-6, 12-4 seasons. One lost season getting him fired before the end of the year, one in which he had a stroke, lost Arian Foster for the season, and had Matt Schaub as his QB. I don't think McNair is really all that sentimental.

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    Tell that to Gary Kubiak after his 10-6, 12-4 seasons. One lost season getting him fired before the end of the year, one in which he had a stroke, lost Arian Foster for the season, and had Matt Schaub as his QB. I don't think McNair is really all that sentimental.
    Kubiak missed the postseason in each of his first 5 years there and was kept

Texans bringing in Earl Thomas for a visit

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Can he play WR?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Texans work out Earl Thomas :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...t-earl-thomas/

" The 31-year-old Thomas was once considered among the best defensive players in the league, but there seems to be a disconnect right now between how much he thinks he should be paid and how much NFL teams are willing to pay him. The Texans are at least taking a look to see what kind of shape Thomas is in, which may be a first step toward Thomas getting back into the league. "

In other Texans news...

Texans will have 15,000 fans for Sunday’s game :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-sundays-game/

" Harris County officials granted the Texans approval for up to 15,000 fans at NRG Stadium for the team’s game against the Vikings, Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle reports. "

... Bc