Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    There has to be a happy medium. I'm sure people don't like him playing his part of ripping the country apart. It takes two to tango for this sh*t we in right now.

I think Trump's biggest gift to the Republican party is that he makes people like me think a Tim Scott or a Ben Sasse are reasonable alternatives.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk
    I think Trump's biggest contribution to the political scene is pretty obvious:

There is no more plausibly denying that the media in this country isn't outright biased.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    I think this is mostly incorrect analysis tbh.

Trump has made the GOP the party of the working and middle class.

If they move away from that they're stupid as shit (of course they are so..) and they will lose votes.

Protectionist trade is now a GOP plank.

Now, Trump has made in roads with black and hispanic voters that I am not sure is possible for another Republican to reproduce.

Until Trump loses- and let's be honest, he's done exactly what he said he would: win- there will be no repudiation of him.
    We will see in terms of repudiation. When the mask finally comes off, we will see how it shakes out.

It's like when you find out your ex really didn't love you....and you feel like a fool for falling for the okey doke.

Of course, this is all just my opinion and could be wrong.

There has to be a happy medium. I'm sure people don't like him playing his part of ripping the country apart. It takes two to tango for this sh*t we in right now.

I think Trump's biggest gift to the Republican party is that he makes people like me think a Tim Scott or a Ben Sasse are reasonable alternatives.

How is Trump ripping the country apart? Seriously?

-Which side is doing billions in damages because of demonstrably false narratives? That would be yours.

-Which side routinely accuses the other of being Nazis or fascists? That would be yours.

-Which side weaponized the FBI in an attempt to sabotage a legitimately elected president from the opposing party? That would be yours.

-Which side rages against speakers with differing views from speaking? That would be yours.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

We will see in terms of repudiation. When the mask finally comes off, we will see how it shakes out.

It's like when you find out your ex really didn't love you....and you feel like a fool for falling for the okey doke.

Of course, this is all just my opinion and could be wrong.

Whose mask?

I don't think Trump's wearing a mask. I think he believes what he says.

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    The country has been in a perpetual leftist tantrum since November of 2016.

Apparently that evil bastard Trump won.

and people have been REEEEEEEsisting and crying ever since.

(literally shaking is the catch phrase they like to use in their freakout videos)

They're the same kids that used to be kicking and screaming on the floor of Toys-R-Us when mommie wouldn't buy them a X-former... Now they vote.

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    The country has been in a perpetual leftist tantrum since November of 2016.

Apparently that evil bastard Trump won.

and people have been REEEEEEEsisting and crying ever since.

(literally shaking is the catch phrase they like to use in their freakout videos)
    An excellent point.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

There is only one thing the GOP needs to learn from trump. It’s to stand up for yourself and your policies. Stop caving and don’t go on the defensive when the left throws their bigot/sexist/racist/homophone cards at you. THAT is why trump supporters stay with him, he doesn’t back down and gives it back twice as good.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post

Protectionist trade is now a GOP plank.

Let’s hope not. Protectionist trade is bad policy

-Which side is doing billions in damages because of demonstrably false narratives? That would be yours.

-Which side routinely accuses the other of being Nazis or fascists? That would be yours.

-Which side weaponized the FBI in an attempt to sabotage a legitimately elected president from the opposing party? That would be yours.

-Which side rages against speakers with differing views from speaking? That would be yours.
    It's just my opinion man. Some people actually feel this way

10. Re: Future of the Republican Party

If by yours you are referring to a huge number of democrats all I can say is Amen. I find it strange that a group saying that civil rights is such a priority is so willing to attempt to shame, ostracize, and ultimately stifle free speech. As long as people understand that the exercise of free speech does not absolve them from the consequences of that speech and they are not endangering others, scream it from the rooftops. The democrats constant focus on free speech micro agressions is becoming mind numbing.

It's just my opinion man. Some people actually feel this way

I talked to someone tonight who finished an argument about climate change by quoting Wikipedia. Some people are incredibly wrong about a whole host of things.
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Let’s hope not. Protectionist trade is bad policy
    I'm for it. Man does not eat by bread alone.