Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    "racist dictator"?????

Tell me anybody outside of maybe the KKK, who is more racist that the left? Or hates more than the left?
    The KKK is the left. It was the terrorist arm of the democratic party. Much like antifa or BLM today.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Forget about it...we all get a bit edgy from time to time. So... does the christian coalition remain the force it has been since Regan or does it dissipate somewhat?
    Certainly the Christian Faith as a right leaning political block waned through the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations.

Some might argue that it was the core of the Tea Party movement.. but I always saw that as more libertarian minded Constitutionalists and Paleocons.

I would suggest that it might make a comeback in the Catholic Latino mass that will eventually matriculate into the voting base.

Honestly, I think the GOP could claim 70% of that block by coupling a secure border with rhetoric praising the tenacity and work ethic of Latino immigrants... and offering a path to citizenship.

3. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Really? What happened to all the desalination plants they were building to alleviate that issue?
    Its not gona keep up with the projections of people coming into the state.

4. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Certainly the Christian Faith as a right leaning political block waned through the Clinton, Bush, and Obama administrations.

Some might argue that it was the core of the Tea Party movement.. but I always saw that as more libertarian minded Constitutionalists and Paleocons.

I would suggest that it might make a comeback in the Catholic Latino mass that will eventually matriculate into the voting base.

Honestly, I think the GOP could claim 70% of that block by coupling a secure border with rhetoric praising the tenacity and work ethic of Latino immigrants... and offering a path to citizenship.

I think either party could go a long way to securing that block by praising their work ethic and offering a pathway to citizenship. Im not so sure about the border issue. While i realize there is a segment of the Hispanic community that resents illegals coming in after what they went thru to gain lawful citizenship i do think there are masses that are either indifferent at this point or are looking to get their extended family into the country. I often wonder if the real reason there has not been meaningful immigration reform is because both sides are trying to find out out to claim full credit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    The KKK is the left. It was the terrorist arm of the democratic party. Much like antifa or BLM today.
    This is so fucking stupid it's laughable. You really believe this bullshit???
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    What was incorrect about any of it?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    What was incorrect about any of it?
    I mean... it’s true. Robert Byrd was KKK leader. I think Al Gores dad was too. There’s more than that but that’s just off the top of my head.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I mean... it’s true. Robert Byrd was KKK leader. I think Al Gores dad was too. There’s more than that but that’s just off the top of my head.
    Woodrow Wilson invited the KKK to the White House. Yeah, it's indisputably true: The KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democratic party.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Since there is no shortage of conservatives and libertarians on this board I'd be interested in hearing some opinions concerning the future of the Republican Party over the next 10 to 20 years..

It seems, at present, the 3 pillars of support in the party are over 65, christian conservatives, and white (especially non college educated) males. After the filling of judicial vacancies to the tune of about 225 conservative judges, and once Barrett is seated it would seem the evangelicals will have accomplished a huge part of their goal. Roe v Wade and liberal judges were what seemed to hold them together. Will they continue to overlook candidates who dont seem to follow their moral code or will that solid block dissipate? Older people are gonna die, no other way to say it. The whites will continue to become a smaller and smaller majority in the country. Minorities with the possible exception of Cubans seem to strongly favor the democratic party. Already Texas, Georgia and N. Carolina are turning purple. If it were not for gerrymandering Texas could be blue this election.

Where does the Republican Party go from here in order to grow and thrive?

I love how you generalize the gop is just old white Christians. That is like saying the dnc is just poor, uneducated, criminals

No wonder the country is so divided. The left is working overtime to divide and destroy

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Is this something you really didn't know?

That the KKK is democrat?

11. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    I love how you generalize the gop is just old white Christians. That is like saying the dnc is just poor, uneducated, criminals

No wonder the country is so divided. The left is working overtime to divide and destroy
    Nonsense, no where did i say that the GOP was exclusively old, white, christian. I stated they were the 3 large voting demographics of the party.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    The KKK was founded by old southern white Democrats post-civil war.

This isn’t news.

For far too long people have grown up with the idea that Republicans are racist old white men and the Democratic Party is the Party for equality, minorities, etc...

Meanwhile they gloss over the fact that Lincoln was a Republican and Democrats opposed him on every front. Democrats seceded thereby starting the Civil War.

Woodrow Wilson - Democrat. Known white supremicist.

You don’t have to like the old guard Republicans and I can understand why many feel that way. But it is time to be a bit more honest about the Democrats and their history in this country.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.