Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Low taxes.
    Well, I'd say that certainly is one, for sure. However, so many of them seem to want to escape higher taxes by moving away, then turn around and start demanding the services from whence they came and up go the taxes. It's no different, I guess, w/the politics they profess to want to be escaping, then come here (and many other places) and want to change it to like where they came from. This also explains why a state like NC is turning purple. So, I'll take "lower taxes" for $500, Alex.

2. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Low taxes.
    Low taxes and milder weather are the 2 biggest reasons I can think of. At least here in Florida the lower taxes is a bit of a misnomer. We have user fees and permitting costs for everything. Even basic services are expensive. Water for 3 $75/month. Mandated conversion from well to city water 20-30K. Electricity is very costly as well.
    Last edited by FloridaBasedFan; 09-26-2020 at 04:40 PM.

3. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Just to touch on this but the way I've heard (never actually looked it up) but there is an unprecedented number of blacks running as republicans for house seats and get this under a racist dictator that for some reason supports them. Crazy world I tell you.
    Doesnt surprise me. Women as well running for office.

4. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Low taxes and milder weather are the 2 biggest reasons I can think of. At least here in Florida the lower taxes is a bit of a misnomer. We have user fees and permitting costs for everything. Even basic services are expensive. Water for 3 $75/month. Mandated conversion from well to city water 20-30K. Electricity is very costly as well.
    Yet....they still keep coming.....lol.

"The 2020 Miami Report released this summer states that an average of 950 people move to Florida every day and a majority come from high-taxed areas like New York, Boston, California and Chicago, according to the New York Times."

Sometimes I think that giant sandbar is gonna sink into the ocean from all the people.

Blog Entries

Re: Future of the Republican Party

I’d also ad more freedoms in places like Fl and N.C. I was talking to a friend in Md today who was telling me about all the BS he has to do for guns he wants etc and we have next to none of that here.

6. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Does the christian coalition hold and does it remain as potent a force in politics going forward?

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I suspect that the choice of the democrats (to do everything possible to encourage illegal immigration and prevent border enforcement) will backfire with earth-shattering consequences for the left. The left's reasons for throwing open the borders, was to flood the country with people that they consider reliable voters (people whose voting habits can be controlled with promises of sugarplums from Uncle Sugar).

Well.... when people come to a new place.. without two nickels to rub together, that might have some appeal.. promises of free shit... But these immigrants eventually establish themselves. And try to raise families.. and now they have to experience the actual consequences of leftist politics.

These people are generally:

Deeply Religious
    Industrious
    Family oriented
    Not sexually debaucherous
    Opposed to abortion
    Not inclined to give away the money they worked hard for in taxes
    Angered by people free-riding on their hard work

In short, they are everything that mainstream democrats are not.

So..... While your party enjoys making fun of religious people, and fighting for the rights of grown men to follow little girls into the bathroom, and demanding that you bake them a cake, and screaming that it violates your rights if your neighbor doesn't pay for your abortion... Hispanic families are establishing themselves, and realizing that they absolutely detest everything you stand for.

Congratulations... You've gamed yourselves in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

And you need only look at the polls to see that it's already happening
    Out of curiosity, I've noticed this from a bunch of posters on this board in debates, but why say "your party" to someone who has time and time again said they don't like the Democrats?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Out of curiosity, I've noticed this from a bunch of posters on this board in debates, but why say "your party" to someone who has time and time again said they don't like the Democrats?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    Yeah... in honesty I felt a little guilty after the fact.

Particularly since FloridaBasedFan has gone out of his way to be reasonable and to converse in good faith.

I have done this a few times here... and to answer your question more directly, I cut my internet political discussion teeth as a libertarian in the midst of some pretty savage (but not very well-reasoned) republicans. I guess I got conditioned to be a little quick with the knife. Honestly it really isn't often personal.

I guess that's part of it.. and the rest is probably attributable to my basic personality type. If you know anything about Meyers-Briggs, I'm an ENTP...

If it's any consolation, I usually end up regretting it.. and often voice that regret by way of apology.

In this case, FloridaBasedFan was kind enough to overlook it and continue the discussion, which I appreciated.

If you recall, I have done this with you as well, and have since tempered that instinct where you are concerned.
    Last edited by owknows; 09-26-2020 at 06:41 PM.

9. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Yet....they still keep coming.....lol.

"The 2020 Miami Report released this summer states that an average of 950 people move to Florida every day and a majority come from high-taxed areas like New York, Boston, California and Chicago, according to the New York Times."

Sometimes I think that giant sandbar is gonna sink into the ocean from all the people.
    May not sink but we may run out of potable water here before to long. The aquifers seem to be in a perpetual state of running below "normal".

"racist dictator"?????

Tell me anybody outside of maybe the KKK, who is more racist that the left? Or hates more than the left?

11. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Yeah... in honesty I felt a little guilty after the fact.

Particularly since FloridaBasedFan has gone out of his way to be reasonable and to converse in good faith.

I have done this a few times here... and to answer your question more directly, I cut my internet political discussion teeth as a libertarian in the midst of some pretty savage (but not very well-reasoned) republicans. I guess I got conditioned to be a little quick with the knife. Honestly it really isn't often personal.

I guess that's part of it.. and the rest is probably attributable to my basic personality type. If you know anything about Meyers-Briggs, I'm an ENTP...

If it's any consolation, I usually end up regretting it.. and often voice that regret by way of apology.

In this case, FloridaBasedFan was kind enough to overlook it and continue the discussion, which I appreciated.

If you recall, I have done this with you as well, and have since tempered that instinct where you are concerned.
    Forget about it...we all get a bit edgy from time to time. So... does the christian coalition remain the force it has been since Regan or does it dissipate somewhat?

12. Re: Future of the Republican Party

May not sink but we may run out of potable water here before to long. The aquifers seem to be in a perpetual state of running below "normal".
    Really? What happened to all the desalination plants they were building to alleviate that issue?