Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Future of the Republican Party

Since there is no shortage of conservatives and libertarians on this board I'd be interested in hearing some opinions concerning the future of the Republican Party over the next 10 to 20 years..

It seems, at present, the 3 pillars of support in the party are over 65, christian conservatives, and white (especially non college educated) males. After the filling of judicial vacancies to the tune of about 225 conservative judges, and once Barrett is seated it would seem the evangelicals will have accomplished a huge part of their goal. Roe v Wade and liberal judges were what seemed to hold them together. Will they continue to overlook candidates who dont seem to follow their moral code or will that solid block dissipate? Older people are gonna die, no other way to say it. The whites will continue to become a smaller and smaller majority in the country. Minorities with the possible exception of Cubans seem to strongly favor the democratic party. Already Texas, Georgia and N. Carolina are turning purple. If it were not for gerrymandering Texas could be blue this election.

Where does the Republican Party go from here in order to grow and thrive?

Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Since there is no shortage of conservatives and libertarians on this board I'd be interested in hearing some opinions concerning the future of the Republican Party over the next 10 to 20 years..

It seems, at present, the 3 pillars of support in the party are over 65, christian conservatives, and white (especially non college educated) males. After the filling of judicial vacancies to the tune of about 225 conservative judges, and once Barrett is seated it would seem the evangelicals will have accomplished a huge part of their goal. Roe v Wade and liberal judges were what seemed to hold them together. Will they continue to overlook candidates who dont seem to follow their moral code or will that solid block dissipate? Older people are gonna die, no other way to say it. The whites will continue to become a smaller and smaller majority in the country. Minorities with the possible exception of Cubans seem to strongly favor the democratic party. Already Texas, Georgia and N. Carolina are turning purple. If it were not for gerrymandering Texas could be blue this election.

I suspect that the choice of the democrats (to do everything possible to encourage illegal immigration and prevent border enforcement) will backfire with earth-shattering consequences for the left. The left's reasons for throwing open the borders, was to flood the country with people that they consider reliable voters (people whose voting habits can be controlled with promises of sugarplums from Uncle Sugar).

Well.... when people come to a new place.. without two nickels to rub together, that might have some appeal.. promises of free shit... But these immigrants eventually establish themselves. And try to raise families.. and now they have to experience the actual consequences of leftist politics.

These people are generally:

Deeply Religious
    Industrious
    Family oriented
    Not sexually debaucherous
    Opposed to abortion
    Not inclined to give away the money they worked hard for in taxes
    Angered by people free-riding on their hard work

In short, they are everything that mainstream democrats are not.

So..... While your party enjoys making fun of religious people, and fighting for the rights of grown men to follow little girls into the bathroom, and demanding that you bake them a cake, and screaming that it violates your rights if your neighbor doesn't pay for your abortion... Hispanic families are establishing themselves, and realizing that they absolutely detest everything you stand for.

Congratulations... You've gamed yourselves in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

And you need only look at the polls to see that it's already happening

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    I suspect that the choice of the democrats (to do everything possible to encourage illegal immigration and prevent border enforcement) will backfire with earth-shattering consequences for the left. The left's reasons for throwing open the borders, was to flood the country with people that they consider reliable voters (people whose voting habits can be controlled with promises of sugarplums from Uncle Sugar).

Well.... when people come to a new place.. without two nickels to rub together, that might have some appeal.. promises of free shit... But these immigrants eventually establish themselves. And try to raise families.. and now they have to experience the actual consequences of leftist politics.

These people are generally:

Deeply Religious
    Industrious
    Family oriented
    Not sexually debaucherous
    Opposed to abortion
    Not inclined to give away the money they worked hard for in taxes
    Angered by people free-riding on their hard work

In short, they are everything that mainstream democrats are not.

So..... While your party enjoys making fun of religious people, and fighting for the rights of grown men to follow little girls into the bathroom, and demanding that you bake them a cake, and screaming that it violates your rights if your neighbor doesn't pay for your abortion... Hispanic families are establishing themselves, and realizing that they absolutely detest everything you stand for.

Congratulations... You've gamed yourselves in ways you can't even begin to imagine.

And you need only look at the polls to see that it's already happening

Interesting. So you believe that as the hispanic community assimilates they will gravitate to the republican party.

Interesting. So you believe that as the hispanic community assimilates they will gravitate to the republican party.
    They are the second highest Republican voting demographic already, and are the fastest growing.

The Black demographic is also shifting republican, although more slowly

Add to that the recognition that the demographic that is least likely to have children in the white community, is the educated left.

Great point about the educated left....trying to do some quick searches concerning the hispanic shift to the right...how much and how fast.

6. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Don't quote me directly on this, but I seem to recall the average age of an Hispanic person here in the US is around 11 years of age. Think about that. I'm sure the info is all readily available online. Then, look up whites and blacks. That is why, I feel, that the Dems are working so hard to bring them here, as was alluded to already. Just think if it all backfires on them. I hope so much that it does.

Edit: Here is some info I had time to look up.

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...ethnic-groups/

7. Re: Future of the Republican Party

I wanted to make a point about those states turning "purple". While it is true that the demographics are changing, it also has a lot to do w/an influx of people from other states. We are moving a lot in some states and people are having a mass exodus in others. I have lived here in NC for over 20 years now and see it firsthand. Both things are true, but it's in no way due solely to an influx of Hispanics, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I wanted to make a point about those states turning "purple". While it is true that the demographics are changing, it also has a lot to do w/an influx of people from other states. We are moving a lot in some states and people are having a mass exodus in others. I have lived here in NC for over 20 years now and see it firsthand. Both things are true, but it's in no way due solely to an influx of Hispanics, etc.
    And they move there for a reason which is what f'n kills me.

9. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    And they move there for a reason which is what f'n kills me.
    I think there are quite a few reasons, but which one do you mean?

I think there are quite a few reasons, but which one do you mean?
    Low taxes.

Just to touch on this but the way I've heard (never actually looked it up) but there is an unprecedented number of blacks running as republicans for house seats and get this under a racist dictator that for some reason supports them. Crazy world I tell you.

12. Re: Future of the Republican Party

Understand that..Florida is a perfect example. We have a huge influx of retirees moving in from up north. That is being coupled with the increase in the hispanic population.

I found the average age data iked earlier... Not finding much on voting trends of hispanics. Saw one brief blurb saying 2% move to the right since Obama took office.