Thread: Derek Wolfe

Derek Wolfe

I know we have several posters who do some pretty deep film study and analysis. I wonder if any of them could give a brief analysis of Wolfe's play through two games. I know he's not going to load up on "splash" plays but I always thought of him as a grinder who "mucks" things up contributing to minimal "space" for running lanes, but I really haven't analyzed it thus far. Anybody with any insight other than my "eyeball test" ?

Blog Entries

Re: Derek Wolfe

In my eyeball test he and Campbell have had a very positive impact through the first two games, and Chub ain't no joke.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

The pass rush is a no gaps, controlled push upfield. Focus is on team game and then add blitz here and there. Looks good so far so yes Wolfe had done well..

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Wolfe has done well, he's held up in run defense as he's not expected to dominate there, and in pass defense he's shown penetration and sometimes he's been double teamed. He's also an active tackler and I've seen him make tackles in the flat or downfield. He, like Calais Campbell, is smart and a good technician, but he doesn't have Campbell's body or athleticism.

He's not a star but he's a solid building block. Glad to have him on board.

Blog Entries

Had the pleasure of watching Wolfe in Denver, solid player all the way around, if he can stay healthy he’s an asset, that’s only issue with Wolfe is health. So far he’s been business as usual in Baltimore. Brandon Williams on the other hand looks bad.

He hasn't looked that impressive to me and for what it's worth PFF hasn't rated him highly either.

Williams has looked pretty pedestrian too. I know people want the D-line to be great but so far they aren't creating much pressure and have been so-so against the run. For how much we are spending I was hoping for more

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    He hasn't looked that impressive to me and for what it's worth PFF hasn't rated him highly either.

Williams has looked pretty pedestrian too. I know people want the D-line to be great but so far they aren't creating much pressure and have been so-so against the run. For how much we are spending I was hoping for more
    Williams was very bad in week 1 and excellent in week 2. They average out to an average season. It's very early for him, could go in any direction.