Another Thanksgiving Game...Back-to-Back Thursday Games

Given all that is happening in and around the world, it completely slipped my mind that the Ravens will be playing another Thanksgiving game, again against the Steelers.

Back-to-back Thursday night games at the Steelers (11/26 ~ Thanksgiving) and 12/3 v Cowboys at home.

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Another Thanksgiving Game...Back-to-Back Thursday Games

Yeah so instead of the usual mini bye you get if you play Thanksgiving they’ll get it after Dallas. Then it’s a Ravens team with extra rest finishing the season with 3 very winnable games. Extra rest before Cleveland might be better than getting it before Dallas even.

i figure Pittsburgh is so close that it is not a strain in travel time on a short week. Both teams know each other so well a game plan will be very straight forwards. Dallas is home and they might be a very interesting match up which we should do well with. If our run defense is as good as it looks to be Elliot will not be a factor. Make any team one dimensional and they are much easier to beat. Should be a blow out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    i figure Pittsburgh is so close that it is not a strain in travel time on a short week.
    it will be Thanksgiving travel tho. but maybe people will be travelling less this year?

i am usually one of the last ones to call "conspiracy" on someone, but the prime-time Ravens/Steelers games being mostly in Pittsburgh is getting a little tiresome.

also i wanted to go to pro-football-reference.com to look up how many primetime games have been in Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore, but sadly PFR is officially an $8/mo subscription service. so RIP PFR. it was fun while it lasted. i'd have given them maybe $3/mo, but $8 is more than Disney+. sad day for football nerds everywhere.

7. Re: Another Thanksgiving Game...Back-to-Back Thursday Games

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    also i wanted to go to pro-football-reference.com to look up how many primetime games have been in Pittsburgh vs. Baltimore, but sadly PFR is officially an $8/mo subscription service. so RIP PFR. it was fun while it lasted. i'd have given them maybe $3/mo, but $8 is more than Disney+. sad day for football nerds everywhere.
    Not counting upcoming TNF.

7 PM start or later since '96: 10 in Pit, 6 in Bal.
    7 PM start or later since '08: 7 in Pit, 4 in Bal

Last 4 all in Pit. 3 Thursday games: 1 in Pit, 2 in Bal (so this will be even if they play that game).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Not counting upcoming TNF.

7 PM start or later since '96: 10 in Pit, 6 in Bal.
    7 PM start or later since '08: 7 in Pit, 4 in Bal

Last 4 all in Pit. 3 Thursday games: 1 in Pit, 2 in Bal (so this will be even if they play that game).
    thanks. maybe not as lopsided as i remember, but i still feel like they kinda favor PIT in primetime, which doesn't even make sense to me cause it's not like fans at home are deciding to watch based on the stadium it's in

Blog Entries

The Ravens travel the least distance of any team in the NFL this year. The longest trip was the one to Houston last week. It's a very favorable schedule