Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Deploy Duvernay

Blog Entries

Re: Deploy Duvernay

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    Maybe it's last night talking but they seemed telegraphed. Maybe just use them less. Duvernay's hands (to my eyes) are worthy of more targets in the passing game.
    Duvernay has amazing hands. I hope he doesn’t catch a case of the ravens dropsies by being on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Duvernay has amazing hands. I hope he doesn’t catch a case of the ravens dropsies by being on the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    I am excited about Duvernay, and hope that the Ravens can actually develop him to be a quality WR. I think he has already surpassed Boykin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

3. Re: Deploy Duvernay

Honestly more excited about Duvernay than Hollywood. He's better at running jet sweeps, screens and YAC since he doesn't go down as soon as someone gets within 3 yards of him
    You guys wanna hear a funny joke?

DEAN PEES............That is all

4. Re: Deploy Duvernay

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Honestly more excited about Duvernay than Hollywood. He's better at running jet sweeps, screens and YAC since he doesn't go down as soon as someone gets within 3 yards of him
    https://texassports.com/sports/footb...-duvernay/9151

HIGH SCHOOL
    Coached by Mark Behrens at Sachse … an All-America, two-time all-state and three-time all-district honoree … selected to participate in the 2016 Under Armour All-America Game … invited to participate in Nike’s 2015 The Opening … over his last three seasons, compiled 170 receptions for 2,906 yards (17.1 ypr) and 36 touchdowns, along with 105 rushes for 1,077 yards (10.3 ypc) and 11 touchdowns with two kickoff return touchdowns.

All american in high school + 1000+ yards rushing with 10.3 yards per carry. He does have the experience carrying the ball. He does have the basic size of a rb, not too light. I'd say that yeah, it's right to be excited about Duvernay to do versatile things, he could be lined up in the backfield, in motion, or lined up at a WR spot, and could be useful doing any of those things. Hollywood could be in that tailback spot, but you're right about him not being a tough physical runner. It seems like Hollywood is Flanker / Y and probably would be more focused on running routes and catching passes.

Quote Originally Posted by PainServer52 View Post
    Sometimes you get a feeling about a rookie that this guy just has "it". Duvernay looks like a vet to me I still think Hollywood will be very good but Duvernay looks better than Boykin already.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    Sometimes you get a feeling about a rookie that this guy just has "it". Duvernay looks like a vet to me I still think Hollywood will be very good but Duvernay looks better than Boykin already.
    Yes, that is true. Boykin never gave off that playmaker vibe, it almost seems like he's still overthinking, trying so hard not to mess up, he looks very tense on the field. In terms of Duvernay, this all seems routine since he was constantly targeted with the football at a major college football program. Hollywood just needs to get more aggressive, stop running backwards, get the ball and try to get YAC.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I bet we see more Duvernay this game, he's going to get an opportunity to flash. No sense in holding him back anymore. They might not throw as much if they get up big in the first half.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am excited about Duvernay, and hope that the Ravens can actually develop him to be a quality WR. I think he has already surpassed Boykin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In order to be developed into a quality receiver you have to play. Harbaugh will always favor the vet (Snead) over the rookie until its too late. By that time we're usually in our 4th year of the rookie contract and the Ravens are never in a position to re-up these guys because there's usually no track record to evaluate - so the guy moves on.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    In order to be developed into a quality receiver you have to play. Harbaugh will always favor the vet (Snead) over the rookie until its too late. By that time we're usually in our 4th year of the rookie contract and the Ravens are never in a position to re-up these guys because there's usually no track record to evaluate - so the guy moves on.
    But Snead and Boykin are gOoD bLocKErs

I don't think Devin DuVernay is just a slot receiver so not sure if Snead hurts his chances of developing into a quality receiver.

Blog Entries

That vet (Snead) will only be 28 on Oct. 11th, so don't intimate that he's an old man. Snead has also caught all 8 targets thrown his way, so it isn't like LJ is giving him an inordinate amount of targets. BTW, those 8 passes went for 97 yards (12.1 YPC avg.) a TD and 5 FDs. In my book that shows productivity and a player who should not be replaced because you say so... Bc

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    That vet (Snead) will only be 28 on Oct. 11th, so don't intimate that he's an old man. Snead has also caught all 8 targets thrown his way, so it isn't like LJ is giving him an inordinate amount of targets. BTW, those 8 passes went for 97 yards (12.1 YPC avg.) a TD and 5 FDs. In my book that shows productivity and a player who should not be replaced because you say so... Bc
    Everyone thinks Willy Snead is old because he has an oldtimy name. It sounds like a fisherman or old time locomotive engineer.