Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Deploy Duvernay

Re: Deploy Duvernay

I think the Ravens and the coaching staff/front office are happy with the progress considering there has been zero OTA' Rookie Mini Camps, or Preseason. He, Duvernay isn't overwhelmed at this level. The pass last week for 19 yards was a thing of beauty. I could see him fairing better than Hollywood, with the jet sweeps. Hollywoods frame is still too fragile to be played out by a LB.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    slightly OT but really impressed how smooth Sneed looks this year. He and LJ are on the same page and it shows
    Snead was born to be a Raven.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Roman definitely has some designed plays for Duv and Dobbins that he's been saving for KC... I really think Duv is going to be a good one, he's a lot like Deebo from last year, he's built like a RB and his speed/physicality is a recipe for missed tackles and frustrated DB's

4. Re: Deploy Duvernay

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    I think the Ravens and the coaching staff/front office are happy with the progress considering there has been zero OTA' Rookie Mini Camps, or Preseason. He, Duvernay isn't overwhelmed at this level. The pass last week for 19 yards was a thing of beauty. I could see him fairing better than Hollywood, with the jet sweeps. Hollywoods frame is still too fragile to be played out by a LB.
    I agree that Duvernay seems to be the more jet sweeper of the 2. Duvernay didn't have many carries in college, but he did have some 11/34/1, and Brown had 3 carries in college, 0 yards.

Quote Originally Posted by John Reglarperson View Post
    I agree that Duvernay seems to be the more jet sweeper of the 2. Duvernay didn't have many carries in college, but he did have some 11/34/1, and Brown had 3 carries in college, 0 yards.
    I would love to see Duv used on that pop pass reverse they do with Hollywood. I feel like that play works better with a guy built like Duv who won't get arm tackled like Hollywood and still has that 4.3 speed to get around the edge

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    I would love to see Duv used on that pop pass reverse they do with Hollywood. I feel like that play works better with a guy built like Duv who won't get arm tackled like Hollywood and still has that 4.3 speed to get around the edge
    I agree, Duv kinda even looks like a RB out there.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

7. Re: Deploy Duvernay

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Agree. He's a bigger guy, more of a WR/RB than Brown.

Devin Duvernay Yes WR Texas 5104 200 121.1 0.5 68.2 Duvernay 5104 200 30.63 9.50 75.25 4.39 1.51 4.20 7.13 35.5 10.25

Also, Justice Hill seems, physically, like Duvernay, somewhere in that WR/RB size and speed.

Justice Hill Yes RB Oklahoma State 21.8 5095 198 136.2 1.2 88.5 Hill 5095 198 31.63 9.50 74.875 4.40 2.60 1.56 21 40 10.83

Height - Duvernay 7/8th taller, Weight - Duvernay 2 pounds heavier - 40 time - Duvernay .01 faster. Duvernay's 10 split is better, Hill's jumps are better. For the most part, though, Duvernay and Hill are similar. Hollywood is smaller and faster. RBs like Dobbins and Ingram are shorter, heavier, and slower.
    Last edited by John Reglarperson; 09-25-2020 at 05:37 PM.

How did I not know he and Kyler Murray were cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Amen brother. “Wait we where holding back our best plays and players for next week”...wtf? Dumbest sh!t I ever heard
    We are all Ravens fans. Why do you need to be disrespectful to the OP? The whole point of the forum is for debate. Disagreement is normal. Acting like a wise-ass doesn't do anything to get your point across. Dude made a fair point. I tend to disagree. I think Duv needed the reps. Does no good to keep him on the sidelines if he's the better player. But its a great topic for debate. I think there's definitely a few key plays in the play book that they didn't need to pull out in week 1 or 2 in the 4th quarter. We will enjoy throwing them at the Chief's D.

Blog Entries

The whole league doesn’t know yet but the ravens have been stashing a secret weapon that will wreck the league in short order and that is 4th round pick rookie Duvernay. Oh heck ya. Man

I'm not sure if anyone has said this but I also think guys like Duvernay and Dobbins are still learning the playbook. It's an easier transition for an RB and, as we saw last game, some of that can be mitigated with the QB giving direction pre-snap, but with Duvernay I think it's pretty clear we've only put him in packages where the ball is specifically designed to go to him.

So, while I think it's true that guys are being brought along slowly, the limited offseason is probably a big factor in how they're being used as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post
    I'm not sure if anyone has said this but I also think guys like Duvernay and Dobbins are still learning the playbook. It's an easier transition for an RB and, as we saw last game, some of that can be mitigated with the QB giving direction pre-snap, but with Duvernay I think it's pretty clear we've only put him in packages where the ball is specifically designed to go to him.

So, while I think it's true that guys are being brought along slowly, the limited offseason is probably a big factor in how they're being used as well.
    I think you're right, and it may be a blessing in disguise. When the playoffs come around these guys could be heating up rather than hitting the rookie wall.