Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Deploy Duvernay

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Deploy Duvernay

Also, don't outsmart yourselves. Come out and pound the rock. Think opening drive of Q3 last year rather than opening drive of Q1. Make the Chiefs D prove they can stop your run game rather than letting them get ahead and making it irrelevant.
    This! They outsmarted themselves until the stupid Texans gifted them the tod and they got back to basics

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    Well I completely disagree.

I'd be rather shocked if the Ravens were not keeping something under wraps for this game. Opening post was very thoughtful ... dude couched what he wrote by noting outcome was hardly ever in doubt for either of these contests. That premise is clearly correct. If our coaching staff did not either keep some elements of the playbook and/or personal cloaked for the huge MNF contest, shame on them.
    Thanks. This is what I'm thinking. They clearly didn't hold him out he had 19% of the snaps vs Browns and 9% @texans he was targeted once in each game and he caught both targets. They clearly want him to get into the game.

I suspect they have a package for him that if they needed to win a game they would use, just like they have ST plays they practice constantly but we've never seen yet because they are holding them for when they really need it. Useless to waste a fake punt when you are up by 30 (last year Harbaugh had one player option called but forgot to take it off so we saw a mistake in using one when it was not necessary). Same with a designated Duvernay play.

If they quickly get up a lot without a specific Duvernay package they might not use it against KC either. However I wouldn't be surprised if they bust it out immediately (like it's in the first scripted 15).

Whatever happens, Monday is looking to be exciting!

It’s not like two receptions is enough to go by, but he looked really good in those two receptions. I’m not sure if they coaches expected more in his other snaps but It looks like he may be working toward a bigger workload.

In any case, it is good to have a lot of offensive talent that you want to see get the ball MORE and not less.

i like the early down passes to Duvernay (one on 1st down one on 2nd down so far this season). i'd rather not count on him just yet on 3rd down though. nothing wrong with him, but this is our biggest game of the year outside the division. give him targets on the non-essential downs for a bit, but i'd rather see the ball going to Snead or even Boykin on 3rd this week over Duvernay.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I think they have been holding Duvernay back for this Monday's game. Not that they wouldn't have used him if they needed to in the prior two games, but they were games they realized they were going to win early and didn't need to use him.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they came out with a Mike Vic to Djax TD bomb first play of the game style LJ to Duvernay play.

LJ's comments last week seem to support it too.

Who's with me?
    I'm with you in that I would love to see this happen. But, I don't expect that at all.

Personally I think its much more likely that Miles Boykin would have a breakout game then DuVernay.
    And that's just from following the trends.
    After re-watching the game Greg's emphasis on getting Boykin the ball stoodout to me and its something Greg didn't do last year.

And there are still yards an targets that could go to Boykin and its likely that Andrews and Hollywood would receive extra coverage attention on Monday.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

RB screen please. Saw one last week, use it on MNF

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Week one they worked Andrews and Hollywood up to speed with 5/6/58 and 5/6/101. Last week they worked Hollywood and Boykin, 5/6/42, 4/5/38 in. Duvernay was hidden in the game plan. A single target each week which he caught for a first down. This week they can work in all three with Duvernay. Point is they will then have four legit targets along with Snead and their entire back field and Boyle who has become a reliable pass catcher. That is eight or nine total. Who do you key on?

Our game this year is 24-26 passes so six to eight targets is a lot to get. But if every receiver is a real threat the defense has no choice but to take away one or two at most and they can and hope for the best. I think Duvernay gets his chance this week end because the KC defense will be working so hard to stop Hollywood and Andrews that leaves Duvernay, Boyle, Snead and the backs are wide open. LJ has become almost perfect at taking what the defense gives him and making it into drives because he is so accurate. It could be a 25/30 day with 250 yards and several TDs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    .....This week they can work in all three with Duvernay. Point is they will then have four legit targets along with Snead and their entire back field and Boyle who has become a reliable pass catcher. That is eight or nine total. Who do you key on?
    They could have worked Duvernay in any of the previous weeks, what makes this week different?
    To answer your last question, if i'm a DC I still key on Andrews and Hollywood.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    I think Duvernay gets his chance this week end because the KC defense will be working so hard to stop Hollywood and Andrews
    This was true in the previous games also.

that leaves Duvernay, Boyle, Snead and the backs are wide open.
    No Boykin?
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Saw RSR's Matt Wise on Twitter (@TheMattWise) talking about how the Chargers attacked the Chiefs with their backs catching passes (link to tweet) I'd like to see any or all of Brown, Dobbins, or Duvernay perform Ekeler's role on this pass. Put Ingram/Dobbins next to Lamar, and have Boykin and Boyle/Andrews/Snead split wide right to block. Make the Chiefs tackle (an area in which they struggled heavily on Sunday).

Also, don't outsmart yourselves. Come out and pound the rock. Think opening drive of Q3 last year rather than opening drive of Q1. Make the Chiefs D prove they can stop your run game rather than letting them get ahead and making it irrelevant.
    Remember the screen pass where LJ faked the wheel route throw to the back? I have a feeling that's not going to be a fake on Monday.

11. Re: Deploy Duvernay

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Remember the screen pass where LJ faked the wheel route throw to the back? I have a feeling that's not going to be a fake on Monday.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

slightly OT but really impressed how smooth Sneed looks this year. He and LJ are on the same page and it shows

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!