Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Deploy Duvernay

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Deploy Duvernay

I think they have been holding Duvernay back for this Monday's game. Not that they wouldn't have used him if they needed to in the prior two games, but they were games they realized they were going to win early and didn't need to use him.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they came out with a Mike Vic to Djax TD bomb first play of the game style LJ to Duvernay play.

LJ's comments last week seem to support it too.

Who's with me?

Re: Deploy Duvernay

He is my favorite pick from the draft class, just waiting for him to be unleashed

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I think they have been holding Duvernay back for this Monday's game. Not that they wouldn't have used him if they needed to in the prior two games, but they were games they realized they were going to win early and didn't need to use him.

I wouldn't be the least surprised if they came out with a Mike Vic to Djax TD bomb first play of the game style LJ to Duvernay play.

LJ's comments last week seem to support it too.

Who's with me?
    I have been advocating for Duvernay to be targeted more since Week 1. I have no idea why they would have been holding him back. Lamar made a comment to that effect, but it makes no sense to me. Duvernay looks like a RB when he gets the ball in his hands. He could be a great YAC receiver. Hopefully they have a few plays designed specifically for him against the Chiefs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Teams don't hold back players. If they are ready to contribute, they are in there. Younger players usually will be brought around slowly when possible.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Thats what im hoping for. Ravens saving their new plays for Duvernay and Dobbins for week 3. Was curious why Dobbins didn't play as much week 2. Unleash the Dobs!

6. Re: Deploy Duvernay

Saw RSR's Matt Wise on Twitter (@TheMattWise) talking about how the Chargers attacked the Chiefs with their backs catching passes (link to tweet) I'd like to see any or all of Brown, Dobbins, or Duvernay perform Ekeler's role on this pass. Put Ingram/Dobbins next to Lamar, and have Boykin and Boyle/Andrews/Snead split wide right to block. Make the Chiefs tackle (an area in which they struggled heavily on Sunday).

Also, don't outsmart yourselves. Come out and pound the rock. Think opening drive of Q3 last year rather than opening drive of Q1. Make the Chiefs D prove they can stop your run game rather than letting them get ahead and making it irrelevant.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Boykin and Snead are such good blockers, got to take one of them or a top playmaker off the field for DD, going to be a gradual transition to him at slot.

I don't believe in holding guys back.

I got asked htis on a podcast the other day about Madubuike (if we were holding him back for this game). There's no way they're planning like that with a rookie. These guys need reps.

That said, you can tell Duv is a gamer. So if he gets looks I expect him to be prepared and I could see them running a designed screen to him that they've kept on the shelf, but I odnt think they've held him out as a weapon.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Teams don't hold back players. If they are ready to contribute, they are in there. Younger players usually will be brought around slowly when possible.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
    Amen brother. “Wait we where holding back our best plays and players for next week”...wtf? Dumbest sh!t I ever heard

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Amen brother. “Wait we where holding back our best plays and players for next week”...wtf? Dumbest sh!t I ever heard
    Well I completely disagree.

I'd be rather shocked if the Ravens were not keeping something under wraps for this game. Opening post was very thoughtful ... dude couched what he wrote by noting outcome was hardly ever in doubt for either of these contests. That premise is clearly correct. If our coaching staff did not either keep some elements of the playbook and/or personal cloaked for the huge MNF contest, shame on them.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Saw RSR's Matt Wise on Twitter (@TheMattWise) talking about how the Chargers attacked the Chiefs with their backs catching passes (link to tweet) I'd like to see any or all of Brown, Dobbins, or Duvernay perform Ekeler's role on this pass. Put Ingram/Dobbins next to Lamar, and have Boykin and Boyle/Andrews/Snead split wide right to block. Make the Chiefs tackle (an area in which they struggled heavily on Sunday).

Also, don't outsmart yourselves. Come out and pound the rock. Think opening drive of Q3 last year rather than opening drive of Q1. Make the Chiefs D prove they can stop your run game rather than letting them get ahead and making it irrelevant.
    Those are both good plans. Their linebackers are their biggest weakness and we should attack them.

About Duvernay, I forget who said it as I listened to all the Ravens podcasts yesterday while I was laying flooring, but someone pointed out that Duvernay's touches had come from scripted plays early in games. He doesn't seem to be in Lamar's trust tree yet.

It has seemed like Lamar likes to see a receiver make a big play before he's comfortable going to them regularly.

Blog Entries

I don't know if they are holding him back or not, but I would love to see them get Duvernay the ball in open space against KC. Their linebackers are terrible and their defense as a whole sucks at tackling.