Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: employment question

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    If I did not know you were a guy with actual enviable working guy skills I might be tempted to look down at you. My nephew dropped out of college and is a union electrician. He's in his 20's married owns his own home and is a stingy little MF. He's built for it too. Stocky, not too tall. He'll be retired younger than me and the way he is earning and is with money will do very well.
    Sounds about right. Hard work pays off. In the right situation. College isn’t for everyone. In my younger more smarmy days I’d often ask “white collar “ types who looked down their noses at me being dirty and whatnot ...and simply ask” when’s the last time you had a pay check with a comma in the bring home? “. Lmao. Left them speechless every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife works for a local bank and she gets two weeks of vacation, seven personal days, and seven sick days. She's required by federal law to stay out of the bank for seven consecutive days once in a calendar year but I'm not sure if that's part of the vacation package or not.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm straight up commercial world. No government contracts or government anything. That was the first 14 years of my career, last 14 all commercial. I had to grind to being where I am and now have 25 days PTO a year plus Christmas, New Years, Thanksgiving, 4rth, Labor Day, Memorial Day. It's nice. The older you get the less that bullshit starting from very little feels acceptable to you. I been where I'm at since 2014.
    For real. At this point if I was looking to switch and a company wasn't offering at least 4 weeks it would need to be quite a bump... Or I would need to be desperate.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

so there is no governement mandated leave so to speak like the uk.

But I guess if employers offered sfa in the way of leave their staff wouldnt hang around to long.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post

But I guess if employers offered sfa in the way of leave their staff wouldnt hang around to long.
    This is true if you have in demand job skills. If you don't you're kind of screwed.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

6. Re: employment question

Arnie: I think you are asking about legally required benefits for non government workers...

Vacation: Zero
    Sick time: Zero*
    Holiday: Zero
    Healthcare: Zero

* there is a law that covers maternity leave. If the company has 50 or more employees they must offer up to 12 weeks unpaid leave and reinstate the employee at their same pay and at least equivalent position.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    Arnie: I think you are asking about legally required benefits for non government workers...

Vacation: Zero
    Sick time: Zero*
    Holiday: Zero
    Healthcare: Zero

* there is a law that covers maternity leave. If the company has 50 or more employees they must offer up to 12 weeks unpaid leave and reinstate the employee at their same pay and at least equivalent position.
    Thats mental to me tbh.

Thats mental to me tbh.
    Then don’t agree to a job... or wait for a job that has the benefits you want.
    Seems kinda mental to me to pay someone for 12 weeks of not working per year.

Thats mental to me tbh.
    We're not a land of guarantees arnie. Its competition and just cuz its not mandated doesnt mean its not given.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

Wait just a second here...

Are you suggesting that the terms and conditions of employment should be negotiated by the principal parties to the agreement, and not imposed by the state?

That sounds remarkably like liberty.

11. Re: employment question

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post

No one is required to pay someone who is off 12 weeks a year. Where did you get that from?

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaBasedFan View Post
    No one is required to pay someone who is off 12 weeks a year. Where did you get that from?
    That was my off handed mischaracterization of the OP’s 28 days minimum.