Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Blog Entries

Re: An early look-back at draft day decisions

Wow real glad I spent the time to read about everyone’s snaps and stats through two games, real eye opening stuff. Not at all a total waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Damn that was a bad draft.
    It was a pretty good draft on day three - though Za'Darius Smith and Darren Waller are doing their best work on other teams.

2004 was the worst draft the Ravens ever had.

2) Dwan Edwards - solid player
    3) Devard Darling
    5) Roderick Green
    6) Josh Harris
    6) Clarence Moore
    7) Derek Abney
    7) Brian Rimpf

Recall the lack of a 1st round pick was because of the Kyle Boller trade-up the previous year. Every time they've missed a first round pick (2004, 2010, 2012) it's cost them.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    At the time of the draft there were a number of board members including me that did not want the Ravens to take Perriman. Those board members were disappointed. No looking retrospectively needed.

I'm pretty sure Big Play Receiver was one of them but not 100%.
    That’s all well and good. But none of that makes him a “reach”. Personal opinion whether fans like a prospect or not doesn’t determine whether that pick was a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    [*]Kenneth Murray, who was linked to Queen, went to LAC five spots ahead of the Queen pick. He's taken 126 snaps and has 18 tackles for the Chargers. Queen has a forced fumble and sack; Murray has neither.
    Queen's started well but the difference between his and Murray's stats might be down to Wink using Queen more creatively. Murray's had pretty good reviews too.

So far it's looking like a very nice draft with lots of players getting lots of playing time early. They might equal last year's rookie snap count by about week 5 at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    That’s all well and good. But none of that makes him a “reach”. Personal opinion whether fans like a prospect or not doesn’t determine whether that pick was a reach.
    Going by national scouting services, or at least those in public, you're correct Perriman was not considered a reach. It's an inexact science as we know and sometimes reaching for a player ends up a good pick (Travis Frederick, Bruce Irvin) while the best player on a particular board may not really be the best player.

I'd go cornerback w/next year's 1st pick if a good one's available. Tavon's gone; Jimmy Smith injury prone.....

Blog Entries

I want Greg Rousseau in next year’s draft for the Ravens. He was projected to be a Top 10 pick, but may fall in the draft because he opted out of this season. Not sure if he would fall all the way to #32 though.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...out/112870954/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mikezpen View Post
    I'd go cornerback w/next year's 1st pick if a good one's available. Tavon's gone; Jimmy Smith injury prone.....
    mike, while perhaps a good idea now, I would never pigeon-hole DeCosta into one position or another. What if there's a solid pass rusher who falls (either DE or OLB), a top-notch Safety, or some offensive player nobody thought would be available @ #32? Few thought we would draft a RB in this year's 2nd round, but Dobbins was the pick. Circumstances change, keep an open mind... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I want Greg Rousseau in next year’s draft for the Ravens. He was projected to be a Top 10 pick, but may fall in the draft because he opted out of this season. Not sure if he would fall all the way to #32 though.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/...out/112870954/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love Rousseau as well, but even with not playing, I don't see him getting out of the top 15 or so. He needs to add some weight, and his pass rush moves are kind of raw, but this guy has every physical trait you would want out of a rush guy...extremely long arms, violent hands, a nice burst and a good motor.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    mike, while perhaps a good idea now, I would never pigeon-hole DeCosta into one position or another. What if there's a solid pass rusher who falls (either DE or OLB), a top-notch Safety, or some offensive player nobody thought would be available @ #32? Few thought we would draft a RB in this year's 2nd round, but Dobbins was the pick. Circumstances change, keep an open mind... Bc
    Yes but having a roster as good as the Ravens almost does push you towards certain positions in the draft. Some positions just don't need upgrading and then the lack of money after paying the good players already on the roster almost forces EDC to fill some holes via the draft, which means early picks.
    It's a good problem to have but it does limit their BPA flexibility.