Spotify and Joe Rogan

Looks like some employees at Spotify are demanding the right to censor Joe Rogan and put trigger warnings and the like on his content....

https://www.vulture.com/2020/09/joe-...-problems.html

If I was spotify I'd fire every last one of them.

If Rogan lets them dumb him down for that 100M he may find his popularity slipping before he knows it.

Re: Spotify and Joe Rogan

OH by the way, I'm sure you guys are as excited as I am to know that Hillary Clinton is starting her own podcast and will have the likes of "Patton Oswald" on her show among others....

Oh goody.

It's called.... wait for it .... "You and me both".... and will be set in her book filled attic!

Ha ha. It's going to rank right up there with the "nails on chalkboard" podcast and "cats in heat fighting".

Blog Entries

I don't think Spotify can censor Rogan. The type of deal he signed I don't believe gives them any rights other than to air his shows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I don't think Spotify can censor Rogan. The type of deal he signed I don't believe gives them any rights other than to air his shows.
    Definitely. No fucking way JRE gives Spotify that kind of authority over his podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Definitely. No fucking way JRE gives Spotify that kind of authority over his podcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I believe they already have in a sense. I think there was an issue with them deleting certain podcasts and not bringing them over to the new platform. It's been discussed on the reddit forum.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I believe they already have in a sense. I think there was an issue with them deleting certain podcasts and not bringing them over to the new platform. It's been discussed on the reddit forum.

I don't think the Alex Jones ones are available. That's not one I would watch as something about Jones is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I really can't stand the guy... but what you are saying is what I understood as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I don't think the Alex Jones ones are available. That's not one I would watch as something about Jones is like nails on a chalkboard to me. I really can't stand the guy... but what you are saying is what I understood as well.
    Also, didn't he have to recently put up an apology video? I mean, I get it, 100mill is generational wealth. So if he wants to go back on what he said about being sensors because of sponsors, I get it. Sucks for the consumer but I get it

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart