Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 404142

Re: Week 3 Other Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I dunno, man. Check out this Twitter thread with gifs:

And:

There's still some issues with his play. Makes me hesitate on all this "Allen has turned the corner / he's great now" stuff.

But in principle I do agree with you about competition. By which I mean – I don't care what the level of competition is: completing 71% for 9.1 ypa with 10 TDs to 1 INT – a "bad" QB can't do that. Many NFL QBs couldn't do that in practice against the scout team. It means something.

At minimum, it probably means he has an upside that I never thought he had.

I've always liked his moxie. And he appears to be a worker. That and his tools are a great place to start.

Would be hilarious if the last two QBs in the first rd from the '18 draft, turned out to be fair-&-away the best two.
    I mean I get it...he certainly isn't perfect which is something that I said keeps me from saying I completely trust him and keeps him out of the absolute top tier, but I think there's nitpicking in those clips...dude played really well and when his team needed a play, he's made it.

And IMHO, there's absolutely no question He and Lamar are the 2 best in that 2018 draft...the 2 with the most questions coming in are far and away the best.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

2. Re: Week 3 Other Games Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Well the Cowboys look like they're gonna be in shootouts all year long (no pun intended). We gotta be ready to put up points
    Agreed. On the other hand, the Cowboys are 1-2, and needed an onside kick to win the one game that they won.

I don't see why the Ravens don't just continue doing what they've been doing since Lamar became the starter, which is win almost always, win big, win over the best teams.

Last year the AFC North played the NFC West - and the NFC West was very good last year (and this year too it seems), and the Ravens swept the NFC West. This year it's the NFC East which looks like a bad division pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Are you sure they're not? That there's not an optical illusion? The lines look pretty close to 1:1.
    they're at a 45 degree angle as drawn, but the scale of the axes themselves are not proportional, which is another thing that's weird about this graph. if you have a scale of 1 inch = 0.2 EPA/play for offense, you'd think there would be a scale of 1 inch = 0.2 EPA/play on defense as well, but that's not the case (if they were proportional the gray grid would all be squares not rectangles). in any case, the easy way to check is that the first line has a point at (-0.2 Offense EPA/play, 0.0 defense EPA/play) then another point at (0.0, 0.3). that second point would have to be (0.0, 0.2) for it to be proportional. here's what the graph should look like if you want to see Offense EPA/play and Defense EPA/play equal. again, sorry i can't post inline pics on my work computer, so you'll have to click the attachment. Attachment 5377
    Last edited by PTORaven; 09-29-2020 at 09:54 AM. Reason: pic resized too small

sorry, the board was auto-resizing the last upload. here it is at a better size.

Attachment 5379

Titans and Vikings test positive. suspend activities