Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Police defunder activist Alyssa Milano allegedly calls the police over a teen shooting squirrels with an air gun

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I know about the Hollywood shootout as to why they got weapons. I agree thatwhy they got those. heres the thing . They use those military grade weapons when their not in that situation. Only SWAT should have those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    you know how long it takes to get SWAT deployed to an active shooter? Too long. There has to be officers on the street trained and equipped with those weapons as you cant wait for SWAT to deploy.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.402...t-week/4960124

Check this article out for those who think the police shouldn't have "tanks"

These are the reasons why it is necessary for police to have this equipment which comes largely at no cost to local departments as they are obtained via grants. I agree that officers shouldnt be walking their beat with a rifle slung over their shoulder and that the swat team shouldn't just be driving an MRAP around the neighborhood on patrol. These are things that should be deployed when necessary for emergency and to save lives. Are there times when maybe an officer takes out his or her issued rifle when the situation doesn't call for it yes I'm sure but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have these things

Re: Police defunder activist Alyssa Milano allegedly calls the police over a teen shooting squirrels with an air gun

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I know about the Hollywood shootout as to why they got weapons. I agree thatwhy they got those. heres the thing . They use those military grade weapons when their not in that situation. Only SWAT should have those

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Funny thing is... I probably have an even greater opposition to the militarization and hyper-tactical employment of police than most people... The no-knock raid is an injustice on it's face.

But BLM isn't distinguishing police actions.. it simply declares the police "racist" (which is nonsense) and calls for their abolition/defunding (depending on how they wish to be perceived by the media).