Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Police defunder activist Alyssa Milano allegedly calls the police over a teen shooting squirrels with an air gun

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It is a reallocation of the money to other programs

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    So police have a certain amount of money now and you want to take it from them to move it to somewhere else, leaving them with less than they have.

And that's not defunding???

Re: Police defunder activist Alyssa Milano allegedly calls the police over a teen shooting squirrels with an air gun

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    So police have a certain amount of money now and you want to take it from them to move it to somewhere else, leaving them with less than they have.

And that's not defunding???
    It does not mean getting rid of them.or making them effective some of the money they spend in the weapons and gear are military grade gear they dont need. They can put that money in rec programs for children

One OPINION piece does not make it law

Nor does your contrary opinion.

As to their intent.. I tend to go by the rhetoric of those proposing the defunding of the police.

And giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they mean what they say.

While I'm sure they appreciate you running apologetic interference for them... I think I'll take them at their word.

Blog Entries

It does not mean getting rid of them.or making them effective some of the money they spend in the weapons and gear are military grade gear they dont need. They can put that money in rec programs for children

Just because it doesn't mean get rid of them, doesn't mean you're not defunding them.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just because it doesn't mean get rid of them, doesn't mean you're not defunding them.

We call for a national defunding of police. We demand investment in our communities and the resources to ensure Black people not only survive, but thrive. If you’re with us, add your name to the petition right now and help us spread the word.

https://blacklivesmatter.com/defundthepolice/

We know that police don’t keep us safe — and as long as we continue to pump money into our corrupt criminal justice system at the expense of housing, health, and education investments — we will never be truly safe.
    --BLM

We tried reform... It didn't work... -BLM

https://blacklivesmatter.com/what-de...-really-means/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Nor does your contrary opinion.

As to their intent.. I tend to go by the rhetoric of those proposing the defunding of the police.

And giving them the benefit of the doubt, that they mean what they say.

While I'm sure they appreciate you running apologetic interference for them... I think I'll take them at their word.

Do some research on the infamous Hollywood shootout. Cliff notes is criminals with high powered weaponry robbed a bank and got in a shootout with police who were supremely outgunned. That is one of the reasons police now have "military weapons".

Let's say we do take away those weapons for police. They only have their handguns. Then you have a psycho in a mass school shooting armed with military weapons and the police have to go against him with only their handguns, no officers equipped and trained with rifles. That psycho has a distinct advantage. Then at the end of it people will say "why didn't the police have better equipment or training" they can't fucking win

Black Lives Matter Activist: Abolishing The Police '100%' Means Just That

https://www.wbur.org/hereandnow/2020...atter-activist

Abolish the Police

https://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2...ition-movement

Note that this movement was originally called "Abolosh the Police"...

Until they decided that didn't test too well in focus groups....

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ionist/613540/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    Do some research on the infamous Hollywood shootout. Cliff notes is criminals with high powered weaponry robbed a bank and got in a shootout with police who were supremely outgunned. That is one of the reasons police now have "military weapons".

Let's say we do take away those weapons for police. They only have their handguns. Then you have a psycho in a mass school shooting armed with military weapons and the police have to go against him with only their handguns, no officers equipped and trained with rifles. That psycho has a distinct advantage. Then at the end of it people will say "why didn't the police have better equipment or training" they can't fucking win
    I know about the Hollywood shootout as to why they got weapons. I agree thatwhy they got those. heres the thing . They use those military grade weapons when their not in that situation. Only SWAT should have those