Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bradley Bozeman

Re: Bradley Bozeman

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    If only that were the criteria for getting into the Hall of Fame.

I wish I had fuck you money to have put that on billboards around Cleveland twenty years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    It is. I still stand by that. Super Bowls are why they play and we watch. Period. No discussion.

Individual awards mean squat to me as a fan. When Steeler fans brag – they don’t brag about how many Pro Bowls Bens been to. How many All Pros Bus was. Patriots fans don’t talk up Brady’s Pro Bowls. Nope. They all brag about Super Bowls! Period.
    Right. That's why you think that Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino.

And Dan Fouts.

But for some reason you always trip over that part. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I just want to mention that Bozeman was a sixth round pick three drafts ago, who a lot of people wrote off as worthless, just like the guy who he was drafted to replace, Jensen, until Jensen wasn't worthless. Keep that in mind as we wait to see what they have in Mekari, Powers (who took the shit-on-me baton from Bozeman), Bredesen and Phillips. We have a history of declaring lineman as crap prematurely.
    Good point. Offensive lineman take time to develop, even high draft pick OTs

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Right. That's why you think that Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino.

And Dan Fouts.

But for some reason you always trip over that part. What gives?
    Jimmy. When have I ever said Dilfer was “better” than either of those guys? Marino re-wrote the NFL record book for QBs. He had a great career. But ...if you asked him “ Dan if you could break all those records or win 1 Super bowl , which would you pick?” You know he’d say the Super Bowl.

Like I said earlier. Dilfer got lucky. Right place , right time. He’s not even what I’d call a “Good” QB.

For the record ...I’ve never brought up Dilfer. My buddy Cool-X throws him out there when the topic comes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Do you think the plan for Phillips is to get him experience at RG, and then slide him over to RT if Zeus Deuce gets a big payday elsewhere after next season?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    In a “we can always slide out Phillips and give one of our young interior linemen a shot if we don’t draft a RT that can start in the 3rd or 4th” sense
    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Aikman?!?

Eh. If I were "telling the story" of the Dallas championships of the 90s, I'd talk about Emmitt and the O-line, and Michael Irvin & Deion, before I mentioned Aikman.
    The triplets were the big thing in the 90s and based on conventional wisdom with interchangeable RBs and WRs that primarily make contested catches he’s one of the top 3 or 4 most consequential players of the 90s.

I just want to mention that Bozeman was a sixth round pick three drafts ago, who a lot of people wrote off as worthless, just like the guy who he was drafted to replace, Jensen, until Jensen wasn't worthless. Keep that in mind as we wait to see what they have in Mekari, Powers (who took the shit-on-me baton from Bozeman), Bredesen and Phillips. We have a history of declaring lineman as crap prematurely.
    Damn Shas “before they took the shit-on-me-baton ...” that’s brutal.

I think Powers has been the rare exception in that he's been declared a starter prematurely.

I haven't really seen him get shit on, more like people expressed disappointment that one of the more highly drafted and experienced members of the interior group appears to be furthest away from playing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I think Powers has been the rare exception in that he's been declared a starter prematurely.

I haven't really seen him get shit on, more like people expressed disappointment that one of the more highly drafted and experienced members of the interior group appears to be furthest away from playing.
    He had a really solid game against the Steelers in the final game of last season, so not really sure why he hasn't had more of a chance to start.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    Damn Shas “before they took the shit-on-me-baton ...” that’s brutal.
    Works for Averett too. And surely others.

This board passes judgment on players before giving them a reasonable amount of time for them to learn their craft. Judgment has been passed here (by some) on Makari and by any realistic measure for a UFA he did great and could doing well solving what issues he did have.

Bozeman? He wasn’t considered a starter in this league in any position from what I recall. I cant remember exactly but he wasn’t thought if as quick enough, strong enough to be a center and I don’t recall much talk about him being a guard. Expectations from the media scouts was low. Honestly he is exhibit one in the argument that the national media “scouts” don't know what the hell they are doing.

I’m hoping Phillips is exhibit two.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post

Did the team suggest he'd start (which I had not recalled)... or are you referring to fans predicting him as a starter for Yanda?

I know he has never started a game. He did get 30 garbage-time snaps last year and has had three this year.

If someone was touting him as a starter, that to me that's the exact recipe for him getting shat on. It raises expectations and when he doesn't meet said expectations, people swing too far the other way and declare him a bust. The fact that Yanda retired probably turns up the heat, too, and lowers fan patience.

With lineman in particular, there is usually an absence of information we need to fairly evaluate them--maybe only a handful of snaps early in their career, and if they get beat a couple times in those appearances it stands out and we think, this guy stinks.

I was coming from the perspective that, after one year, a lot of people were leaving him off the roster altogether as they were predicting the final 53. I can recall the same attitude toward Hurst, Jensen, Bozeman and Skura. The biggest difference is those players were 6th round and UDFA acquisitions and Powers was a fourth rounder. Still, he was the 24th lineman taken in 2019, and now just entering his second year.

I've made this point before, that the other issue with lineman is that they often provide little to no value if they aren't starting (or filling in for a starter). No one had an issue with Jarret Johnson, another fourth rounder, even though he wasn't a starter until his third year in the league. But he did get a few rotational snaps on defense and played special teams. Offensive linemen don't rotate and don't play any significant special teams role, aside from standing there on field goals.

Had this sitting around, and wanted to post it somewhere rather than delete it before this wkend's games. Wasn't sure where else to put this; we have talked a little about OL play here.

Top ten highest-sack-rate games in Lamar's career as starter (reg season only):

Year G# Opp Att Yds Sk Yds Sack% NY/A Notes
    2019 5 @PIT 28 161 5 22 15.2% 4.21 Makes sense
    2020 2 @HOU 24 204 4 27 14.3% 6.32 This past week
    2018 10 vCIN 19 150 3 14 13.6% 6.18 2018 First start!
    2018 15 @LAC 22 204 3 2 12.0% 8.08 2018 (Chargers)
    2019 4 vCLE 34 247 4 25 10.5% 5.84 Home loss
    2019 11 @LAR 20 169 2 9 9.1% 7.27 WTF??
    2018 12 @ATL 21 125 2 8 8.7% 5.09 2018 First road start!
    2018 14 vTAM 23 131 2 3 8.0% 5.12 2018
    2018 13 @KAN 24 147 2 20 7.7% 4.88 2018 loss
    2018 16 vCLE 24 179 2 12 7.7% 6.42 2018

Most of those entries are what you'd expect. Last year's Steelers game that went to OT, and the 2018 starts. I'm quite disturbed to see this past week's game anywhere on this list. Hopefully an anomaly.

The one I labelled "WTF": from a "stats" standpoint it's shocking to see the Rams game anywhere near this list, since that's a game where everything went pretty much perfectly for the Ravens. Aaron Donald effect? He didn't get any of those sacks, but maybe he opened things up? Note the low volume of attempts, driving up the sack%.