Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: What will become of Justice Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Hill is still valuable to us for the time being because he plays special teams. We are definitely losing Gus to FA or possibly cutting Ingram to save money after this season which will open up a role for him again
    What makes you so sure? Just curious because Gus is still a RFA next year if I'm not mistaken and Ingram's cap# may still be manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    What makes you so sure? Just curious because Gus is still a RFA next year if I'm not mistaken and Ingram's cap# may still be manageable.
    I think at this rate they might actually extend Gus and cut Ingram

The Dobbins takeover is coming and it's going to make the backfield feel even more crowded when they have a clear #1 who needs to be heavily involved. Gus has been the better back with younger/fresher legs than Ingram. I only see them keeping Ingram if Gus leaves for a starting job in FA... the 3-headed monster works for now because they are bringing Dobbins along slowly but that won't last forever, next season there won't be an incentive to keep both Gus/Ingram in terms of value for money

He'll probably get PT next year.

Gus is likely gone due to being an upcoming UFA, and Ingram may or may not be back.

I thought he was really struggling for the first half of the year, but he started coming on towards the end of the year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

Gus is likely gone due to being an upcoming UFA, and Ingram may or may not be back.

I thought he was really struggling for the first half of the year, but he started coming on towards the end of the year.
    The Jets have an opt-out opportunity on Leveon Bell after this season... knowing Joe Douglas they cut Bell and are all over Gus

Again - please correct me one of the cap guys, but Gus is a RFA next season, not an UFA. So doesn't that mean they pretty much have first dibs on him next year?

Also, 4 RBs is NOT a crowded backfield for the RAVENS. Maybe for some other teams. People keep assuming the offense is going to "evolve" into some sort of traditional "throw from the pocket QB - hand off to workhorse back" offense. Why? It makes more sense to keep a rotation of backs and continue to run the ball effectively even after Lamar gets better every year from the pocket.

6. Re: What will become of Justice Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Again - please correct me one of the cap guys, but Gus is a RFA next season, not an UFA. So doesn't that mean they pretty much have first dibs on him next year?

Also, 4 RBs is NOT a crowded backfield for the RAVENS. Maybe for some other teams. People keep assuming the offense is going to "evolve" into some sort of traditional "throw from the pocket QB - hand off to workhorse back" offense. Why? It makes more sense to keep a rotation of backs and continue to run the ball effectively even after Lamar gets better every year from the pocket.
    Agreed. They can put 2 RBs on the field at the same time, too. In the old days, T formation, there was QB, Fullback, Left Halfback, Right Halfback. You can have a player who is a RB/WR. Lots of different ways to put more than 1 rb on the field at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

He will be a Restricted Free Agent next year, the Ravens will probably put a high tender on him and be able to keep him or a get a 2nd or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gus has relative low wear and tear and if anything he’s been under utilized. He might do pretty good on the open market but maybe he’s interested in a small extension to be a 1-2 combo with Dobbins, leaving Ingram on the outs. Carry Hill as the third back. If Roman leaves to be a HC I could see him being interested in some current Ravens though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    He will be a Restricted Free Agent next year, the Ravens will probably put a high tender on him and be able to keep him or a get a 2nd or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Could be another EDC special, I think that's what they will try to do and if nobody bites, they'll keep him for next year on the RFA contract.

Don't think they extend him past that, I'm not in favor of paying RBs second contracts, I think he's going to age faster than say a Dobbins, and just too many other contracts to spend any amount on Gus when we'll still have two more cheap years of Dobbins - and finding effective RBs has never been a problem for this organization.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

My bad about the confusion on whether Gus is a UFA or RFA next year.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Could be another EDC special, I think that's what they will try to do and if nobody bites, they'll keep him for next year on the RFA contract.
    It's a no lose situation. They keep Gus for under $3M, a bargain considering his fit with the offense, or they get an extra 2nd round pick. I don't see Ingram being worth the money, another year into his decline, unless they really value his leadership

Frankly, I'd trade Ingram if there's a decent market. Not that he's bad, but he's in the way.

Unless Ingram's gone and Edwards gets a lot more carries, he has no reason to re-sign in Baltimore and be a third or fourth back. He's thousand yard rusher, and he will be snapped up. Hill will rot on the vine and fail to develop.Suddenly, this depth won't be there.

Trade Ingram, he's gone next year, anyway. Make Edwards #1 and give Dobbins and Hill more work. In the long run, the Ravens are better off.
    Last edited by mikezpen; 09-26-2020 at 07:19 PM.