Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What will become of Justice Hill?

Seriously, it's called depth. The Ravens use 3 rbs every game. So one of them will be inactive. Right now that is Hill. If someone gets hurt, he is instantly a part of the rotation. Already knows the offense and they already know how to use him. He has more value to the Ravens than he does to another team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Seriously, it's called depth. The Ravens use 3 rbs every game.
    This and he isnt that great. He lacks the explosivness and elusivness of a NFL back with his bodytype/size. Hes just not electric enough to be on a NFL field every Sunday as a RB being built like that. I dont think he has any real trade value either.

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    This and he isnt that great. He lacks the explosivness and elusivness of a NFL back with his bodytype/size. Hes just not electric enough to be on a NFL field every Sunday as a RB being built like that. I dont think he has any real trade value either.
    I wouldn't be that harsh on him. He's shown some NFL level skill. I just don't think his skills are unique or special enough to overcome what the other 3 backs have.

Hill seems like a classic, change of pace, 3rd down back with good receiving skills and decent speed. That's not enough to overcome:

Ingram - powerful runner, savvy vet, play recognition and blitz pickup, nose for the end zone and leader of the group and mouthpiece of the offense
    Gus - sledgehammer north south runner that defenses get tired of tackling
    Dobbins - elusive, quick twitch back with ridiculous balance and good(almost great) speed

Hill has some of each one of those guys and he knows the playbook. He's the "6th man off the bench" of the group.

Ah So Justice Hill is the new Hayden Hurst? Hill is a good back. I bet he has a lgood sized role next year or if we need him for whatever reason this year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ShadeRaven View Post
    Ah So Justice Hill is the new Hayden Hurst? Hill is a good back. I bet he has a lgood sized role next year or if we need him for whatever reason this year.
    If we cut Ingram due to $alary considerations, we'd still have Dobbins, Gus, and Hill for the 2021 season. It is (as you surely know) important for teams to be prudent with the $alary cap, especially next year. I don't see DeCosta trading Hill or Gus unless some (foolish) team overwhelms him with draft assets... Bc

6. Re: What will become of Justice Hill?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't think we see him active unless someone makes a mistake.

Edwards has done enough to justify being the 3rd RB. Hill's best ST contribution is KR but duvernay has looked good.

IMO you have to either IA Duvernay or Edwards and I just don't see it. There could be games where they want speed and choose Hill over Edwards based on his skillset, but for KR I think Duvernay would have to screw up to lose that job. I'd be bummed if he was activated over Duv.
    I agree with this. The only way I see both being active is if there's an injury at either of their positions, and KR is Duvernays job to lose at this point. If they start using Duv in the offense more, I'd prefer to see him take less return snaps to keep him healthy, but that's the only way I see it happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    I wouldn't be that harsh on him. He's shown some NFL level skill. I just don't think his skills are unique or special enough to overcome what the other 3 backs have.

Hill seems like a classic, change of pace, 3rd down back with good receiving skills and decent speed. That's not enough to overcome:

Ingram - powerful runner, savvy vet, play recognition and blitz pickup, nose for the end zone and leader of the group and mouthpiece of the offense
    Gus - sledgehammer north south runner that defenses get tired of tackling
    Dobbins - elusive, quick twitch back with ridiculous balance and good(almost great) speed

Hill has some of each one of those guys and he knows the playbook. He's the "6th man off the bench" of the group.

Honestly I thought Hill would end up being active over Gus because he probably gives you more in the passing than Gus does. You can probably also use hill in a more versatile way as well but obviously The Ravens like Gus for what they like to do on offense.

There were a couple of quick bursts towards the end of last season but that's nothing compared to what Ingram, Gus and Dobbins have shown. He's inactive because he's 4th best.

I don't think anyone can say with confidence that he's going to be RB2 next year either. It's a small sample but we saw 90% disappointing play followed by 10% promising last year. Maybe he'll be good, maybe not.

He lacks the explosivness and elusivness of a NFL back with his bodytype/size.
    Who, Justice? I don't agree with that assessment.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    I don't think anyone can say with confidence that he's going to be RB2 next year either. It's a small sample but we saw 90% disappointing play followed by 10% promising last year.
    Yeah, I don't agree with that either. Justice would be a quality RB2 this year. But we drafted Dobbins, who has much greater upside.

10. Re: What will become of Justice Hill?

What concerns me about Justice Hill's skillset isn't his running ability, vision, toughness, or hands - it's his pass blocking. If he fixes that, I could easily see him assuming an RB2 role (or splitting time with Gus).

This and he isnt that great. He lacks the explosivness and elusivness of a NFL back with his bodytype/size. Hes just not electric enough to be on a NFL field every Sunday as a RB being built like that.
    Based on 58 NFL carries? He's only 22 years old.

Also, you clearly you never watched him in college.

In reading the outlandish content that some people here have posted over the last decade, I guess I should have an immunity built up a bit.....but..... it still never ceases to amaze me how:

a) impatient and irrational some Raven fans can be.

b) 17 months ago when we drafted Justice, every single person here was raving about what a steal and an amazing compliment to our offense he was...and now he's useless.

c) a team that has so many "JAGs" (probably the dumbest acronym in use in this forum) has won 14 regular season games in a row. I swear some of you bitch just to hear yourself bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

Yeah, I don't agree with that either. Justice would be a quality RB2 this year. But we drafted Dobbins, who has much greater upside.
    You edited out the part where I said, basically, that I don't know how he's going to turn out, which seems reasonable. To say he'd be a quality RB2 for a contending team based on 3 nice outside runs at the end of last season is insanely optimistic. I hope you're right. All options are still possible but I think I'd be more surprised if he became a pro bowler than if he became a bust.