Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

What will become of Justice Hill?

He was a surprise inactive against Houston considering he had a full practice Friday. Do you see him cracking this RB rotation if everyone stays healthy? I'm not sure he has a spot there, and is suffering from the numbers game. We have an embarrassment of riches at RB right now.

Kickoff duties have been handled well by Duvernay, and the only way I see Hill taking that over is if they want to open up the offense more with Devin. I'm just not sure where he fits on the team right now. Practice Squad? Trade piece?

Re: What will become of Justice Hill?

Dobbins and Hill will be our primary two runners next season, after we cut Ingram this offseason.

Kick back, relax and enjoy the ride while getting paid. That’s probably what he’s thinking

Try him out in the slot

He can definitely do things that the other backs can't and I'd really like to see him used in certain packages. As good as Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards have played, they're all fairly similarly styled and none of them can move like Hill.

He had a pretty encouraging end to last season and I'm gonna feel bad for him if he gets virtually no looks this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by Josepho View Post
    He can definitely do things that the other backs can't and I'd really like to see him used in certain packages. As good as Ingram, Dobbins and Edwards have played, they're all fairly similarly styled and none of them can move like Hill.

He had a pretty encouraging end to last season and I'm gonna feel bad for him if he gets virtually no looks this time around.
    I agree. I think his usage will be gameplan dependent. Just like last week, we saw a big dose of Gus because they wanted to pound it down the middle. If they want backs active in passing game, then Hill I think will get more looks. Plus, with 3 other good backs, there is no need to make him active when he has had very little recent practice time and probably isn't 100% I also agree that next year, cutting Ingram is a definite possibility and Dobbins-Gus-Hill would still be a nice complementary trio of backs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ReedInTheWind View Post
    He was a surprise inactive against Houston considering he had a full practice Friday.
    No surprise to me. He is #4 on the RB depth chart... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Dobbins and Hill will be our primary two runners next season, after we cut Ingram this offseason.
    Jimmy, you've left out Gus. IMO unless the Ravens can get real compensation for him, he will remain if Ingram leaves. BTW, I am not advocating sending Gus packing as he has shown excellent run support ability when called upon to do so... Bc

We still have the ability to keep Edwards on a cheap contract next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill traded at some point this season.

I don't think we see him active unless someone makes a mistake.

Edwards has done enough to justify being the 3rd RB. Hill's best ST contribution is KR but duvernay has looked good.

IMO you have to either IA Duvernay or Edwards and I just don't see it. There could be games where they want speed and choose Hill over Edwards based on his skillset, but for KR I think Duvernay would have to screw up to lose that job. I'd be bummed if he was activated over Duv.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

We have four solid backs. Unless there is a major drop off in production I think we will keep all four next year. Total cap number for them all will be ten million at most. We will not be so up against the cap we can’t keep them. Fans always see cutting as a way to save cap space but the one they want to cut is the best locker room player we have and LJs best friend. And who will you get with the four million you’d save from him?

This team is stacked. Depth in all but a couple areas. So draft to build more depth instead of cutting our depth to save a few bucks. I still hate that Ozzie basically cut Boldin to save two million in cap space. Every figure out what he did with that two million? I never did. So what will EDC do with four million? Why twice as much which is still zero.

Blog Entries

I expect Hill to have more of a role next year. It's just a number game at this point and he doesn't offer anything that one of the other three don't. He was the shift change of pace guy but Dobbins has taken that.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFanMania View Post
    We still have the ability to keep Edwards on a cheap contract next season. I wouldn't be surprised to see Hill traded at some point this season.
    I can't see Hill having any trade value at this point. Not enough to make it worth trading him, anyway. He was pretty much the definition of JAG last year up until the final two games where he started to show some life, and plays a position that is dime a dozen. More valuable to the Ravens in 2021-2022 than the return you'd probably get for him.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Players get hurt, especially this year. Unless a great offer comes along, Jets or Giants?, Hill is a great stash for when needed.