Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey The Jet

Blog Entries

Re: Joey The Jet

Have seen some GIFs of Darnold making some great throws. There is one that is Mahomes/Jackson like. Joe is definitely not starting for them unless Darnold gets hurt. I'm a big believer in Darnold to be honest and I think when he's free of Gase and/or the Jets, he'll be pretty good. I will also forever be a Joe Flacco fan, but he'll without question be significantly worse than Darnold has been.

https://twitter.com/SportsCenter/sta...72003780173825
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I wish Joe the best. However, I don't see that Jets putting him in there unless Darnold is hurt. It's not like they are heading to the playoffs. They are best off to give Darnold every chance to play...then they decide whether to draft a new QB or keep Darnold. 0 reason to put in a veteran like Flacco, as he is not their future. Their future is either Darnold or a drafted QB.

Yeah there’s no point unless Darnold gets hurt and they need someone to play out the string. Gase’s job security is going to depend on Darnold’s progress. If he benches him he’s pretty much asking to be fired. After two tries he will probably never be a HC again.

The Jets are such a mess. Absentee owner Woody Johnson is Trump's ambassador to the UK, and now he's under investigation by the Office of the Inspector General for making racially insensitive remarks overseas. Regardless of what happens there I'm sure the NFL is in no hurry to welcome him back, given recent history with racial tensions. (No political opinions, please, I'm just stating facts).

Whether and when he returns could impact the team revisiting decisions they made in his absence.

The way I see it playing out is Gaese is fired midseason and the interim coach plays Darnold so they get one final chance to assess his future. They are conceivably in the Trevor Lawerence sweepstakes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    The Jets are such a mess. Absentee owner Woody Johnson is Trump's ambassador to the UK, and now he's under investigation by the Office of the Inspector General for making racially insensitive remarks overseas. Regardless of what happens there I'm sure the NFL is in no hurry to welcome him back, given recent history with racial tensions. (No political opinions, please, I'm just stating facts).

Whether and when he returns could impact the team revisiting decisions they made in his absence.

The way I see it playing out is Gaese is fired midseason and the interim coach plays Darnold so they get one final chance to assess his future. They are conceivably in the Trevor Lawerence sweepstakes.
    Chris Johnson has been running the team since Woody took that ambassador job. I'd love to blame this all on Woody, since he's a moron, but his brother Chris seems to be the bigger reason for the current mess.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Chris Johnson has been running the team since Woody took that ambassador job. I'd love to blame this all on Woody, since he's a moron, but his brother Chris seems to be the bigger reason for the current mess.
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was Woody's fault (although, since you mention it, the fish rots from the head).

I merely meant to imply that his potential return complicates their decision making. For instance, if they anticipate him returning to the head of the table, they may postpone any decisions until then.

Blog Entries

Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was Woody's fault (although, since you mention it, the fish rots from the head).

I merely meant to imply that his potential return complicates their decision making. For instance, if they anticipate him returning to the head of the table, they may postpone any decisions until then.
    It's yet another example of how lucky we are to have a great owner in Steve Bisciotti. There is nothing worse for a fan than ownership. Coaches and GMs get fired. Players move on. Owners can be there forever. Poor ownership is an impossible situation

Blog Entries

and Gase is talking about the poor start against Buffalo. What NFL coach talks about the past game on Wednesday? 99% of them are on to the next team, you can't dwell...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I could never trust someone named Woody Johnson

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

natives are getting restless...

It’s Coaching 101.

“It all goes back to practice,” McDougald said on SNY after the Jets were embarrassed by the injury-ravaged 49ers on Sunday. “We had some slow practices… It correlates to the game. We need to have a complete full week of just great practices. And I don’t think we’ve had that yet. The sooner we realize that and hone in on to how important practice is and coming out and winning in practice, then it will translate to the games on Sunday.”

“But we’ve yet to have one complete dominating week of practice,” the starting safety continued. “Until we can dominate in practice Wednesday, Thursday, Friday… Sunday is going to be a toss-up.”

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Question Re: Joey The Jet

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    and Gase is talking about the poor start against Buffalo. What NFL coach talks about the past game on Wednesday? 99% of them are on to the next team, you can't dwell...
    Just as we Ravens fans can't/should not dwell on Joe Flacco.
    Did this really need it's own thread? SMH... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's yet another example of how lucky we are to have a great owner in Steve Bisciotti. There is nothing worse for a fan than ownership. Coaches and GMs get fired. Players move on. Owners can be there forever. Poor ownership is an impossible situation
    Having one of the worst owners in Baseball just around the corner really illuminates this fact locally.

I think Steve.B has the highest football IQ of any owner as well and by a wide margin.