Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Joey The Jet

Re: Joey The Jet

how ironic, we took a thread about Flacco and turned it into something else

Quote Originally Posted by PTORaven View Post
    how ironic, we took a thread about Flacco and turned it into something else
    I get your point. But really, you can't talk about Flacco's chances of playing without analyzing all the BS swirling around the Jets, in general. And once you dig into that, it seems natural to reflect on how lucky we are re: ownership.

Yeah the Jets are an awful team for Joe. He will not look good there, and I don't think anybody outside of the very mobile/athletic do-it-all types like Lamar and Russ could do even OK there. Joe should try to get a backup spot on a good team, that would make sense for him. Obviously spots are limited on NFL rosters, and he has never been fully healthy really since he tore that ACL, and that includes right now, he's not healthy. It's a shame for him but at the same time, pretty cool for him that he's actually on a roster at all right now!

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    I get your point. But really, you can't talk about Flacco's chances of playing without analyzing all the BS swirling around the Jets, in general. And once you dig into that, it seems natural to reflect on how lucky we are re: ownership.
    totally agree. i wasn't complaining, i just thought it was funny

I got you. Didn't see it as a complaint. You just made me wonder how we got off topic and then I realized that you can't have a legitimate football conversation about a dysfunctional team without having the conversation drift into underlying issues. It's like Baker Mayfield and the Browns. There aren't too many threads that delve into his performances without getting hung up on discussing the revolving door at QB and head coach, and all the years of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Joe needs talent to win. The a jets have so little talent I don’t see anybody winning more than four games this year. Hope joe stays safe because the line is junk, wr junk and rb are junk.
    It will be Denver part 2. Had he won some of those close games in Denver it wouldn't have been a total disaster for him. But with that happening, the dust up with the coach, getting hurt... it was a disaster for Joe.

The main thing Joe has going for him is he seems to be as impervious to his shitty situation as he was to everything else even when he was here. As long as his body doesn't break down or he gets a bad injury I can see him going back for punishment again and again as long as someone will have him.

Agree this doesn't appear to be a good situation for him and I don't see them using Joe unless Darnold is hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Too bad the New York Jets aren't this cool, lol

The Jets should never have fired Rex Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    Maxxx Johnson 🤙
    3 X's? You must be even sexier than Maxx Williams.

If Joe gets to play for the Jets - it won't be for long. With virtually no protection Joe will be a standing duck, a duck unable to escape the onslaught of the attacking wolves.

If someone asked you:

Over/Under:
    Joe Flacco's total number of NFL pass attempts from here on out – 50

What would you pick? Over or under?

I'd go under.

Blog Entries

Joey The Jet

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    If someone asked you:

Over/Under:
    Joe Flacco's total number of NFL pass attempts from here on out – 50

What would you pick? Over or under?

I'd go under.
    I actually hope it’s way under. He’s won it all and has the scars to show for it. Enjoy the bench

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!