Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3334353637 ... LastLast

Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Put together a video of how the Bills defended our read option looks last year. They did pretty well and got better as the game went on. The Ravens had 17 carries for 79 yds, 4.65 YPC on these plays. A couple might be called hand offs but still a R/O look.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w3v4eCtA3Wk&t=12s

Blog Entries

Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

A routine play that shows why Lamar is the lifeblood of this offense.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

BILLS Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Lamar seeing the run game in slow motion and setting up his block with outstanding vision
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Still hard to see from this view whether how much the blitzers were obstructing his throwing lane.
    But this is one of the passes where it looks like Lamar should have put some more rpms on the throw.

And from a personnel perspective ideally you would want to run this is the kind of play you a guy like Duvernay or Hollywood more then you want Willie Snead.
    Last edited by edromeo; 01-31-2021 at 08:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Don't know what Lamar is supposed do here...no hot, no one open or really even running routes to get open short or intermediate.
    Corner blitz vs 2 step? adlib drop - read-option

these images are gifs from this link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS_FJwMOB4U
    Last edited by edromeo; 01-31-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Blog Entries

Lamar's drop back here is anyone's guess......but its yet another adlib dropback...that's become a regular fixture down the stretch

Another dropback that doesn't throw on rhythm nor on time...
    Lamar shuffle steps and starts his vision (R) Snead and Hollywood
    Looks like the checkdown slips and Lamar does that weird helter-skelter in the pocket pinball scramble

I don't have the all-22 it looks like (L) Boykin might get open vertically (but we know that is non-starter in this passing game)
    it also looks like (L) Andrews is open on the drag....but can't confirm without the all-22

Either way the ball doesn't come out on time to any receiving option...Lamar scrambles around and due to his spontaneous genius is still able to find Dobbins uncover and deliver an accurate pass that Dobbins drops....oy vey this passing game is tough to watch...
    The passing game has become Lamar making improvisational plays and virtually nothing from the scheme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Lamar's drop back here is anyone's guess......but its yet another adlib dropback...that's become a regular fixture down the stretch

Another dropback that doesn't throw on rhythm nor on time...
    Lamar shuffle steps and starts his vision (R) Snead and Hollywood
    Looks like the checkdown slips and Lamar does that weird helter-skelter in the pocket pinball scramble

I don't have the all-22 it looks like (L) Boykin might get open vertically (but we know that is non-starter in this passing game)
    it also looks like (L) Andrews is open on the drag....but can't confirm without the all-22

Either way the ball doesn't come out on time to any receiving option...Lamar scrambles around and due to his spontaneous genius is still able to find Dobbins uncover and deliver an accurate pass that Dobbins drops....oy vey this passing game is tough to watch...
    The passing game has become Lamar making improvisational plays and virtually nothing from the scheme.

What kind of horrible route combination is that up top with Brown and Snead? Looks like the same exact route with minimal depth difference. That's just a terrible concept.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

JT goes over this play in detail.

Verticals on the outside and out routes from the inside slots.
    Has Dobbins open on out route from the (L) Slot
    But, there is an undefined-adlib dropback again and yet another pass play that doesn't have rhythm or timing.
    This is another play where Lamar makes an off schedule improvisational play turning a bad play into a positive gain.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    What kind of horrible route combination is that up top with Brown and Snead? Looks like the same exact route with minimal depth difference. That's just a terrible concept.
    Looks like Snead runs a 'dig' from the slot and Hollywood runs a seam-curl from a tight split.

Blog Entries

QB sweep on 3rd and 4 seems like such a give up play to me.....its like waving the white flag in playcalling....i can't think of anything else that can work so I'll hope my QB on a designed run can gain me 4 yards. There was no 'option' aspect to the play. There were no passing options. Just a designed QB run. Hated the call then, hate it even more now.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Looks like Snead runs a 'dig' from the slot and Hollywood runs a seam-curl from a tight split.
    That's what I thought, but Snead just stops right at the Mike. That's terrible spacing.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.