Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

4. Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    (broadcast view weird ass RZ playcall)
    What in the hell is this supposed to be? Every time I watch it, I get more confused...

Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    What in the hell is this supposed to be? Every time I watch it, I get more confused...

Only one eligible/ designed receiver?!

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    "Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

Short side of the field & we have two receivers in the exact same spot in the endzone. Jesus Greg.

"Did Ed Reed get the respect that he deserves? No he did not...Am I gonna get it? Probably won't. Hopefully he do. If I don't, then, hey, man, I'm alright with me." - Ed Reed

7. Re: Film Review: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by Jam31 View Post
    Short side of the field & we have two receivers in the exact same spot in the endzone. Jesus Greg.
    I think this one's on Boykin. Looks like he misses a rub on the DB covering Snead (watch his third step, he tries to get back in his way). If he gives Snead space, I think Snead scores.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

RPO-
    Read-option w/ Gus
    Tagged with a bubble screen to Hollywood and an outside fade to Miles

Honey Badger read the bubble screen to Hollywood and would have smashed him-
    Miles doesn’t separate cleanly at the LOS but that close to the RZ every CB is gonna play up

During ride and decide/the run fake, Lamar has to make his mind bubble or the fade-

He probably doesn’t have time after the fake to read the bubble and fade then throw

-he needs to come out ‘fake’ read to throw
    I would have liked to see him throw the fade there

I think this one's on Boykin. Looks like he misses a rub on the DB covering Snead (watch his third step, he tries to get back in his way).
    I don't disagree, though I think the DB may have just played this really well. But if Marquise turns left in a Dig once he reaches the end zone, there's space for a TD. Also Boykin might have found space in the far corner.

Neither of them does anything after the initial set up. Lamar could've used an alternative, after Snead runs his route so short and the DB gets on him so quick.

Miles doesn’t separate cleanly at the LOS but that close to the RZ every CB is gonna play up
    I would have liked to see him throw the fade there
    Boykin doesn't look ready for the ball. He's hung up on the DB -- hell, he might be blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Boykin doesn't look ready for the ball. He's hung up on the DB -- hell, he might be blocking.
    I defer to Ed & Oc & you on such matters but that's how I initially saw it as well - that Boykin is just running a design block

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Looks like he’s in standard position for a fade route he doesn’t start blocking until he crosses the goal line.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_zTuQonuGhQ