Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Darren Waller

Re: Darren Waller

Waller, Hurst and Mandrews are doing great so far.

So happy for the guy

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    It would appear that Waller and Perriman are the only 2 examples of players who’ve moved on from here and actually...improved. Waller is way better than Perriman but still. As great as our culture is here ...clearly it’s not for everyone. Good for those guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So I saw an interesting thing last year, that Perriman's father was kinda just hanging around his first few years, then really started playing a lot better, or something along those lines.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    So I saw an interesting thing last year, that Perriman's father was kinda just hanging around his first few years, then really started playing a lot better, or something along those lines.

Brett Perriman was drafted at age 23 after staying college as long as he could. He went to University of Miami under Jimmy Johnson so he was very experienced coming into the NFL. The Saints were very inconsistent on offense at that point. Bobby Hebert kept on getting hurt and then left. Steve Walsh was a bust and they really didn't have a QB. Their defense became very good right after and Mora wanted to go to a very conservative offense. Perriman didn't fit in.

The Saints moved on from Brett and he ends up with the Lions. This was the Barry Sanders/Herman Moore Lions. Brett was the perfect #2 receiver for that talent. He was a great special teams player as well. The Lions weren't looking for flashy because they already had that. They wanted consistency which is what Brett Perriman was all about. I don't think Brett go significantly better with the Lions. It was the situation that was better and he being a real hard worker took advantage of the opportunity.

Breshad is very different. He's a lot more talented but lacks his father's hustle and drive

The Cowled one is a Cornucopia of Knowledge!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    The Cowled one is a Cornucopia of Knowledge!

I was a big fan of those Lions teams and I had a good friend who was a Saints fan. That was the first time the Saints made the playoffs so we would watch them every time we could. Barry Sanders at his height was a much watch. The Lions were on TV all the time back then. The other team from that era who we saw a ton of was the Dolphins. They loved putting the Dolphins on national TV back then

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I was a big fan of those Lions teams and I had a good friend who was a Saints fan. That was the first time the Saints made the playoffs so we would watch them every time we could. Barry Sanders at his height was a much watch. The Lions were on TV all the time back then. The other team from that era who we saw a ton of was the Dolphins. They loved putting the Dolphins on national TV back then
    I didn't follow his career but post career he lives about an hour away. Had a stroke a couple of years back and they thought he would not make it (age 51). I've mentioned his pic is on billboards in Miami as an example of someone who quick health action saved. He played college and a little pro in Miami.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brett Perriman was drafted at age 23 after staying college as long as he could. He went to University of Miami under Jimmy Johnson so he was very experienced coming into the NFL. The Saints were very inconsistent on offense at that point. Bobby Hebert kept on getting hurt and then left. Steve Walsh was a bust and they really didn't have a QB. Their defense became very good right after and Mora wanted to go to a very conservative offense. Perriman didn't fit in.

The Saints moved on from Brett and he ends up with the Lions. This was the Barry Sanders/Herman Moore Lions. Brett was the perfect #2 receiver for that talent. He was a great special teams player as well. The Lions weren't looking for flashy because they already had that. They wanted consistency which is what Brett Perriman was all about. I don't think Brett go significantly better with the Lions. It was the situation that was better and he being a real hard worker took advantage of the opportunity.

Breshad is very different. He's a lot more talented but lacks his father's hustle and drive
    Idk. All the reports out of his time with the Ravens showed no lack of effort. It just didn't seem to quite go where it needed to.

Blog Entries

Belichick praised him all week, then they held him to 2 catches for 9 yards

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Belichick praised him all week, then they held him to 2 catches for 9 yards
    Lol, Belichick praising someone is the kiss of death usually.