Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Darren Waller

1. Darren Waller

Darren Waller.... That's all I have to say.

Re: Darren Waller

Waller> Andrews?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Waller has finally overcome his own demons.

I'm happy for him. While we have a fantastic TE in Andrews it would have been nice if Waller could have developed into a very good WR for us. Seems to be a better fit at TE though but he still has great receiving skills. Good story for that young man

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Waller> Andrews?
    Stop

Like seriously....were people really just not paying attention?? Like AT ALL?

I'm happy Waller pulled his life together off the field which has allowed him to do well on the field. But if you don't know why it didn't work here, I don't know what to tell you.

Just shows that our Front Office was right in drafting him, but it just took a little too long for him to develop...we didn't get to reap the benefits.

Too bad, so sad.

Let's see if the Raiders would take a 6th round pick for him now...we had called first dibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Just shows that our Front Office was right in drafting him, but it just took a little too long for him to develop...we didn't get to reap the benefits.

Too bad, so sad.

Let's see if the Raiders would take a 6th round pick for him now...we had called first dibs.
    C'mon though Doc - not saying the unspoken is part of what keeps this myth going. He didn't take too long to develop...he took to long to get clean. Not exactly apples to apples. There are folks who are Ravens fans that still to this day believe the team either misused him, stunted his development or gave up on him too quickly. None of those are true, but every time he has a good game the threads pop up. Who knows, maybe there are still old Eagles fans that think the team didn't give Chris Carter enough time to develop or gave up on him to quickly...

There are absolutely still Eagles fans who would say they should have held on to Cris Carter.

Regardless of the reason(s) that Waller was not productive here (either while still at WR, or after he started to transition to TE), he wasn't.

It would be no practical difference if Breshad Perriman were to explode in productivity.

The why is irrelevant. They did not become productive fast enough for it to be worthwhile to keep them on our roster.

If we cut Tavon Young at the end of this season, and he goes on to play a bunch of injury-free years, and is the best Nickel CB in the league, we would still be justified in our move, because at that time, for THIS franchise, he could not be counted upon to produce.

Happy for him. Idiot me sat him on my bench though

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

"Damn, couldn't reel him in!"

The one that got away. It happens to all teams... Bc