Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Looks to me....

Blog Entries

Re: Looks to me....

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    like the coaches have REALLY made a point with LJ about running. A few times in these two games it looked like LJ could have bolted from the pocket, (like last year), and made some yards. Almost like reigning in a stallion that wants desperatly to take off.
    Yeah, i don't agree with this take at all. If they wanted to Lamar to run less they would start by not calling read-option plays and they called read-option even in the 4th Q vs Houston.

And Harbaugh nor Roman strike me as the types of coaches that are going to put limits on their best player.
    They are going to let Lamar 'cook' when it comes to running, however and whenever Lamar wants to.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Looks to me....

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    At this point the kid has earned huge money. "Willingness" is a word that should be taken out of the lexicon here. Foregone conclusion is the better term.
    Look, I agree that Lamar has already earned a huge second contract. However, if a team is going to invest $40+ million/year in one player, that player has a responsibility to play smart so that he maximizes his chances of staying healthy. The best ability is availability. Lamar has to avoid big hits by running out of bounds and getting down when he is about to get hit when he runs the ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dirt1; 09-21-2020 at 05:26 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Maybe, but a precedent has been set given the fact that both Mahomes and Watson signed their deals heading into their fourth season. Covid and all. If the same thing doesn’t happen for LJ some, not all, will start questioning the Ravens faith in him. It might not be true, but it’s out there. Big problems have been started over less than that.
    D R, I'm not saying you're wrong, but let us keep in mind that LJ has not won his 1st playoff game yet. Oh, I am confident he will be successful in post-season play, but I don't want this strong Ravens roster being a bridesmaid but never a bride... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I would go so far as to say the willingness of the Ravens to give Lamar a huge second contract should be in part tied to how smart he is about running the ball. If he doesn’t run out of bounds and dives head first into defenders like he did against the Browns, I would tell him such behavior will impact how much of an injury risk he poses for the team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That might work with a 12 year old but its way off the deep end here. If Lamar's healthy the day he walks into the office next year to sign the extension, he's going to be walking out with a piece of paper locking him to the Ravens for 10 years, for over $400 Million with a guarantee of $200 Million

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Is there a single Ravens fan who doesn't realise the drop off from Yanda?
    If you go back and watch a few of the plays where Lamar got sacked or didn't escape the pocket like he did last year and don't account for how quickly Watt and other Texans collapsed the right side of the line, then yes, you could possibly be a Ravens fan that doesn't realize the drop off from Yanda. Yes, Lamar might be being careful with his groin or whatever was ailing him, but also, Phillips and Zeus Jr had a really hard time protecting in this game. A gimpy Stanley and a not fully recovered Skura didn't have the best games either. Think back to the Chargers playoff game - even with Lamar at his fastest, if the defense is in the backfield right after the ball is snapped, he is not going to be able to escape consistently.

Play-calling has been relatively vanilla through two. Combine that with 1.5 years of tape, 2 defenses that had extra time to prepare, no preseason creating a need to test what Lamar can do with his arm early, and a bunch of highly paid professional athletes that don't want to end up like Carlos Dunlap, and you get a relatively slow start running for Lamar.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    D R, I'm not saying you're wrong, but let us keep in mind that LJ has not won his 1st playoff game yet. Oh, I am confident he will be successful in post-season play, but I don't want this strong Ravens roster being a bridesmaid but never a bride... Bc
    I hear ya. All I mean is if I’m LJ and I saw those two going into year four with new deals and not me, I might take some issue with it. Especially since LJ is better than Watson overall except for the playoffs. LJ could do himself a big favor by having a good playoffs this season.

I hear ya. All I mean is if I’m LJ and I saw those two going into year four with new deals and not me, I might take some issue with it. Especially since LJ is better than Watson overall except for the playoffs. LJ could do himself a big favor by having a good playoffs this season.
    One big factor to consider with all of this is the fact that Lamar doesn't have a traditional agent. So the whole process might look different than anything we've become accustomed to as far as big second contracts for franchise QBs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    One big factor to consider with all of this is the fact that Lamar doesn't have a traditional agent. So the whole process might look different than anything we've become accustomed to as far as big second contracts for franchise QBs.
    Yeah that’s a fair point. However, I’m sure he realizes the importance of striking while the iron is hot so to speak to maximize his earnings. Nothing is really guaranteed though before ink is on paper, so you get what you can while you can.

Blog Entries

Just recall what happened after Flacco won the Super Bowl although I do not think for a moment that would be the case with LJ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Just recall what happened after Flacco won the Super Bowl although I do not think for a moment that would be the case with LJ.
    Ravens won't be waiting for Lamar to pound the table. Dick Cass will be on the phone to Felicia the day after the game, if we win the SB.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Looks to me....

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ravens won't be waiting for Lamar to pound the table. Dick Cass will be on the phone to Felicia the day after the game, if we win the SB.
    When we win the SB! FTFY... Bc