Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coachwatch 2020

Blog Entries

Re: Coachwatch 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'll just leave this here

Jim Caldwell got fired for back to back 9-7 seasons in Detroit
    Mike Patricia is 9-24
    I don't recall who Detroit's GM was at that time, but it wasn't Bob Quinn and we all know Bob Quinn is a Belichick/Pats guy. That's why Patricia has been given this much leeway. It won't last though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HanktheRIPPER View Post
    I thought kingsbury in Arizona was going to be a disaster but they look good. I think the panthers HC is a disaster on its way.
    They have no QB.

Bill O'Brien is the guy who might be a little nervous. Guy sold the farm two years in a row to win now and is staring 0-3 in the face as the Texans play @Pittsburgh in Week 3. They still play TEN and IND twice, New England, Green Bay, and @ CLE. I can honestly see Houston limping in at 8-8 this year. Billy Boy may see the exit before the end of the season.

Blog Entries

I don't think the Eagles will part ways with Doug Pederson. Keep in mind, they stuck with Andy Reid for years and he was very up/down for several seasons.

If anything, I could see a situation where the Eagles trade Carson Wentz. He doesn't look like the same player. I would expect the Bears or the Panthers to be interested.

Blog Entries

I definitely think Bill O'Brien will be on the hot seat unless the Texans can turn it around. He has been coach and GM...he just maid DeShaun Watson the highest paid player in the league IIRC...

Other coaches I could see dealing with some shit soon:

Adam Gase - Jets are easily the worst team in the league right now.
    Mike Zimmer - Vikings have a decent roster, but they're just meh.
    Matt Nagy - Bears are just not good. Their GM should go too...everyone knew trading up for Trubisky was a bad idea.
    Matt Patricia - Lions continue to underperform...and for a defensive guy, their defense is pretty trashy.
    Vic Fangio - Broncos continue to be mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I definitely think Bill O'Brien will be on the hot seat unless the Texans can turn it around. He has been coach and GM...he just maid DeShaun Watson the highest paid player in the league IIRC...

Other coaches I could see dealing with some shit soon:

Adam Gase - Jets are easily the worst team in the league right now.
    Mike Zimmer - Vikings have a decent roster, but they're just meh.
    Matt Nagy - Bears are just not good. Their GM should go too...everyone knew trading up for Trubisky was a bad idea.
    Matt Patricia - Lions continue to underperform...and for a defensive guy, their defense is pretty trashy.
    Vic Fangio - Broncos continue to be mediocre.
    Just gave Zimmer an extension too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I don't recall who Detroit's GM was at that time, but it wasn't Bob Quinn and we all know Bob Quinn is a Belichick/Pats guy. That's why Patricia has been given this much leeway. It won't last though.
    It was Bob Quinn. He became the GM in 2016. Caldwell went 7-9 in 2015 but that was after going 11-5 in 2014 so it would have been tough for Quinn to fire Caldwell right away. Then Caldwell went 9-7 in 2016 and 2017 and Quinn came up with the excuse about playoff success. Playoffs? The Lions have their first coach with a winning record since Joe Schmidt in the late 1960s and Quinn is using playoff success as a criteria to fire Caldwell. What a joke.

The Lions have a new owner this year so things could change quickly. Sheila might not be as forgiving as her 100 year old mother

I think most will get a Covid pass honestly, except Patricia. He’s supposed to be a defense guy and they’re giving up nearly 50 points, blew a fourth quarter lead, and that was only the first two games. Players don’t seem to like playing for him very much either. That only doesn’t matter when you win.

Blog Entries

Assuming something happens with Gates or Quinn etc is Jim Caldwell available? What’s his status just hypothetical

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    I think most will get a Covid pass honestly, except Patricia. He’s supposed to be a defense guy and they’re giving up nearly 50 points, blew a fourth quarter lead, and that was only the first two games. Players don’t seem to like playing for him very much either. That only doesn’t matter when you win.
    Atlanta is on the verge of imploding. I live in Georgia; people want the staff out stat. The blown super bowl and now the last two games. I don’t see how you can’t clean house...
    Just win baby...

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Atlanta is on the verge of imploding. I live in Georgia; people want the staff out stat. The blown super bowl and now the last two games. I don’t see how you can’t clean house...
    The way the Falcons have been losing there is no excuse or reason to keep trying to recapture the SB appearance from a few years ago where they blew another huge lead.

rumblings in Atlanta inre Dan Quinn

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...ed/ar-BB19vAZr

Atlanta held a 39-24 lead midway through the fourth quarter and even had a 99.9% win probability with under three minutes left in Week 2. Yet, Quinn’s team found a way to choke the game away. Fans were fed up with the organization and their frustrations likely turned into a rage on Sunday. The Falcons had a 99.3% win probability with six minutes left in Week 3, before the team allowed 20 unanswered points in a devastating loss.

It makes sense that Quinn would be the first coach to go, but Gase is just as deserving. In a year where nearly every offense is going off every Sunday, the Jets have scored 20 total points in their past two games. Meanwhile, Sam Darnold is consistently delivering some of the worst quarterback performances we see each week.

they might figure Atlanta has chance to contend so save the season while they can.

I think Gase was a bad hire and expect him to go. wonder if he has any experienced assistants that can interim.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)