Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Averett

Re: Anthony Averett

I'll circle back and come at this from a different angle. I want this kid to do well. As I stated he has the physical attributes as well as coaching in College and here with the Ravens. I don't expect him to rival our other Pro Bowl CB's or even Jimmy Smith. I'd just like to see some promising plays from time to time. I saw some nice play in Preseason two years ago. Perhaps with a week of prep and good back-end communications from veterans, he could do better. I am pulling for him!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Also, am I tripping or has it looked like Tavon wasn't playing out of his mind the last 2 weeks anyway? I expected him to need some time to get back up to game speed, but the play he got hurt on...wasn't that a completion as well? Obviously AA is not as good as Tavon, but some folks on here are talking about him as if he can't play at all. I disagree with that. Yes, he will get targeted, because it's stupid to target Marlon or Marcus...but they also gave up some receptions too. I didn't see AA running 10 yards behind Cooks on that play while giving up a TD that allowed the Texans back in the game. That's what truly bad CB play looks like - consistently giving up huge chunk plays and TDs. Having balls caught in front of you happens. Make the tackle, force the next play.

Someone earlier suggested going back and watching the 2007 season...you don't have to go that far. 2014 season great place to see some horrific coverage all the way through to the playoff loss to NE. See also how the 16 and 17 seasons playoff hopes ended against Pitt and Cincy.
    That's definitely a fair point of view. Tavon Young didn't have that special quality that he seemed to before his last big injury.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'm the big Warrior fan, he's a udfa I believe. Would like to at least see him added to PS, he can play slot. To me, Carr is a huge drop off, he is not good
    Rwt, I do believe he is on our Practice Squad :

S Nigel Warrior
    UDFA

... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Rwt, I do believe he is on our Practice Squad :

S Nigel Warrior
    UDFA

... Bc
    They cut him a couple of weeks ago which was very surprising considering the camp he had. Unless they have brought him back, he's still out there.

by the way just learned this fun fact ...His dad, longtime NFL DB Dale Carter, played for the Ravens in 2004 and 2005.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

They cut him a couple of weeks ago which was very surprising considering the camp he had. Unless they have brought him back, he's still out there.

by the way just learned this fun fact ...His dad, longtime NFL DB Dale Carter, played for the Ravens in 2004 and 2005.
    Warrior was cut when they had to make 53 man roster. (all players not on 53 man were cut) Then, you sign practice squad. Warrior was signed to Ravens practice squad and is still there:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/players-roster/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Is this serious?

You've (to Ravensblitzkrieg) never seen a bench player go in a game and struggle? Like this is the silliest thing I've read.
    GWNR, he has written inappropriate much more darker posts. Mods deleted his post in the "Odell Beckham is available according reports" thread... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by VermontRaven View Post
    Warrior was cut when they had to make 53 man roster. (all players not on 53 man were cut) Then, you sign practice squad. Warrior was signed to Ravens practice squad and is still there:

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/team/players-roster/
    thanks for clarifying and thanks also to Bc

Not sure why I thought he was still out there. Dude 'plays like a Raven' IMO

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Seems Harbaugh was pleased witih Everett's performance yesterday...take it FWIW.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Did I hear that Tavon Young's uncle is Bryant McKinnie?

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I dont know what you expect. He's at the bottom of their depth chart. He mostly saw Brandin Cooks, not some scrub.

The one pass Watson got off to Cooks while he was getting hit was one of the most impressive passes I've seen. It was on the money and AA was with Cooks Stride for stride on a crossing route.

He's getting shit on nonstop and it's nauseating. I think people forget that the Texans are not a bad team.
    FINALLY. SANITY. He wasn't a 1st rounder. He's working. He can be a solid contributor.
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

I just rewatched the first half to see how Averett was used. I'll watch the second before any final conclusions.

First of all, he didn't sub for Young. They moved Humphrey to slot and Jimmy came in as the boundary corner.

Averett only played as the dime.

In a two-minute drill he gave up one 13 yard reception when he slipped on the crappy turf. I saw a lot of guys losing footing. He was flagged for holding downfield on an absolutely BS call when the receiver ran right into his chest.

Frankly I saw far worst play from Humphrey getting juked by a tight end. Humphrey was also beat on a crossing the route where Peters peeled off and made an interception. I saw Levine getting beat on a TD throw when he didn't keep up with a receiver and Elliott was late coming with help over the top.

I'll withhold judgement until I've seen the second half again...or someone has a chance to look at the all-22 and pass judgment.

I'm the big Warrior fan, he's a udfa I believe. Would like to at least see him added to PS, he can play slot. To me, Carr is a huge drop off, he is not good
    Nigel Warrior, Tennesse, 5'11" 189, FS. All-SEC first team in 2019 with 70 tackles, 4 INTs.
    Sounds good in theory . . .
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.