Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anthony Averett

Anthony Averett

This kid is quick, from a great NCAA Bama program, apparently well liked by his team mates. However, when watching him cover there is something missing. Not sure if he plays the Receiver more than the ball, but by year three he should be improving! I'll be pulling for him to be disruptive in this role if he becomes the go-forward inside slot CB replacement for Tavon. The Ravens drafted speed, and with Queen, we have a unique speed ILB that can also cover. I feel with KC and others exploiting slot WR's/TE's and the seams of the zone coverages, that eventually Queen's skill set along with Harrison will be a upgrade.. Especially late in the year. Next MNF, could be too tough to make adjustments against a fine tuned Mahomes offense with speed at every position.

Re: Anthony Averett

He was picked on wherever they played him.

He's our 4th CB. With two guys like Hump and Peters, and with a vet like Smith out there too, if you are a QB who are you going to throw at?

The kid is in a tough position.

He had a tough game. Let's see how he responds next week. Let's see how Wink changes things up.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

To be fair he was the 5th CB on the roster and thrown into the fire once Tavon went down. While he may be the weak link I expect him to be better prepared next against the Chiefs.
    Ravens will find a way to hide his weaknesses. Confident Wink can scheme effectively.
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Don't be surprised if Eric trades for another corner or signs a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    He was picked on wherever they played him.
    Pick on the weakest link - Watson is a top 7 QB in the league who is going to make some throws.

It will be interesting to see how the ravens change their scheme next week facing a time that is much more TE focused than HOU.

Blog Entries

I will be very surprised if it's not Jimmy and Peters on the outside with Humphrey inside for the majority of the game next week.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    To be fair he was the 5th CB on the roster and thrown into the fire once Tavon went down. While he may be the weak link I expect him to be better prepared next against the Chiefs.
    Ravens will find a way to hide his weaknesses. Confident Wink can scheme effectively.
    yeah this and Texans have some pretty deep talent at WR. The Ravens adjusted their D later and he wasn't on an island, that will be the key

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    yeah this and Texans have some pretty deep talent at WR. The Ravens adjusted their D later and he wasn't on an island, that will be the key
    And KC will be aware of that and readjust accordingly.

Just want to remind people that the defense gave up only 16 pts yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by bmoreravenous View Post
    Pick on the weakest link - Watson is a top 7 QB in the league who is going to make some throws.

It will be interesting to see how the ravens change their scheme next week facing a time that is much more TE focused than HOU.
    Houston targeted their TE's on 11 of 34 of Watson's attempts. Completing 9 of those 11. Not good!

I like(d) the Averett pick and I REALLY want to see him succeed, but man, that was ugly yesterday.
    I hope, like has been said, Wink can scheme up something to give the kid some help. Otherwise....
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"