Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavon Injury

Re: Tavon Injury

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    This is the downside to the “lock em up early” strategy.
    Nah, it was a prudent move it’s just a stuff happens situation.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Cutting Tavon Young saves the Ravens $3 mil next season

Cutting him post June-1 saves them $5.5 mil
    cut him...now...doesn't belong in this league...so much talent...way too fragile...life sucks then you die

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Dial up Carr, I think he is on Dallas practice squad.
    I don't think he's a corner anymore...not sure he helps a ton. They should try and find a young guy with good quicks for the slot IMHO. They don't need to be Tavon Young good, but a solid slot guy.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    cut him...now...doesn't belong in this league...so much talent...way too fragile...life sucks then you die
    There's something called a salary cap...
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't know if anybody is necessarily blaming the Ravens. Nobody foresaw his health issues (He's missed most/all of 3 of his 5 seasons in the leage) But right now, it looks like a bad contract...he's only been able to play 5 quarters of football since we made him the highest paid nickel CB in the league.
    Yeah I mean one of the upsides to waiting until the rookie deal is done to sign a player is you get an idea of if he can be reliable or not. He had already missed a season with an ACL before he was signed so it’s not like he was a picture of health who just got unlucky. Just saying, often “lock em up early” is portrayed as a no-brainer, no-risk strategy and it isn’t always.

It’s just good they were able to get Peters signed otherwise this would be a pretty rag tag looking group. As long as they don’t lose Peters/Humphrey, they’ll find a way to bandage the rest.

Pretty big loss. Hopefully they can find a way to hide it enough.

Blog Entries

I don't think he's a corner anymore...not sure he helps a ton. They should try and find a young guy with good quicks for the slot IMHO. They don't need to be Tavon Young good, but a solid slot guy.
    That’s Nigel Warrior

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    Um no, you put him on IR and then cut him in the off season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That’s Nigel Warrior
    Warrior does have slot experience.

I still wouldn't count out Bonds or Dorsey though.

I don't know if anybody is necessarily blaming the Ravens. Nobody foresaw his health issues (He's missed most/all of 3 of his 5 seasons in the leage) But right now, it looks like a bad contract...he's only been able to play 5 quarters of football since we made him the highest paid nickel CB in the league.
    Yes nobody foresaw his health issues. I think you could say the same about all NFL players. You don't know who will get hurt. Players get big contracts, and either the performance drops off or they are hurt. It's just how football is. I'm pretty sure Eric DeCosta will figure something out, as he knows more than the casual fan.

Fans back track too much, when at the time Tavon deserved his contract. It's just one of those things. Mark Andrews can be injury prone as well. If the Ravens gave him a big contract, then the same thing similar would be said "Mark is hurt too much. They shouldn't have paid him".

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Dial up Carr, I think he is on Dallas practice squad.
    Didn’t the Cowboys call Carr up to their active roster? I thought they did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare