Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavon Injury

Re: Tavon Injury

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I think so. They have way too much money tied up in him, and he can’t stay healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It doesn't look like he'll ever last a season. It wasn't even a very violent or awkward landing when his knee went. If those kinds of impacts injure him there;s not much hope.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    Such a bad 2nd contract. Feel bad for the kid, but he's gone next year.
    You just don't know sometimes with these players. But at the same time when Tavon was balling out, fans were fine with the extension. The fact that he is hurt now, all of sudden it's a bad contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It doesn't look like he'll ever last a season. It wasn't even a very violent or awkward landing when his knee went. If those kinds of impacts injure him there;s not much hope.
    Agreed. He landed a little awkwardly on that play but nothing egregious. I feel bad for him, but he may just not have an NFL body.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

I think it was Bill Parcells that said not every player has a body suited to play in the NFL. i think that's the case for Tavon Young. Tough break.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

This is the downside to the “lock em up early” strategy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by charmcityraven View Post
    You just don't know sometimes with these players. But at the same time when Tavon was balling out, fans were fine with the extension. The fact that he is hurt now, all of sudden it's a bad contract.
    Tavon played well enough and showed sufficient potential to justify his second contract, but sometimes these things just don’t work out.

“When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMoose723 View Post
    If we can get away with 1 more year of Jimmy, agreed go pash rush. Or bring Carr back.
    Pashh rushhh! Haha I was thinking I was the only one hearing these goofy commentators saying that sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Now Humph has to move back into the slot, lessening his effectiveness.

Sent from my LM-V450 using Tapatalk
    I'd do everything I could to avoid that. I don't know how good Bonds and Dorsey are, hopefully they are solid...I know that Humph in the slot is a strong probability, I just hope theres some way we can not have to do that.

Unfortunately for Young, like Campenero years ago, he looks like a hell of a player, but his body just can't handle the NFL. He probably is going to be released after this year. Feel really bad for him.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    This is the downside to the “lock em up early” strategy.
    It's football, and injuries happen. Many are saying what you said because he got hurt. I'm sure fans wouldn't feel that way if they did that with Marlon, Mark Andrews or Ronnie Stanley (locking them up early).

Quote Originally Posted by charmcityraven View Post
    I don't know if anybody is necessarily blaming the Ravens. Nobody foresaw his health issues (He's missed most/all of 3 of his 5 seasons in the leage) But right now, it looks like a bad contract...he's only been able to play 5 quarters of football since we made him the highest paid nickel CB in the league.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

The Ravens have some cap room and have a really good shot at going to the Super Bowl this year. I think they should consider a trade if there is a CB that could help them on a bad team.

Blog Entries

Dial up Carr, I think he is on Dallas practice squad.